colored rear sprockets

10 replies to this topic
  • bhsballer76

Posted January 23, 2008 - 07:55 PM

i am going to need a new rear sprocket on the 2002 yz426f that i bought a few days ago. The bike has red excels so i was thinking i could get a red or black rear sprocket to match. Where can i get one of these at a good price and should i go with a steel or aluminum rear sprocket. Thanks,

• dbehr624

Posted January 23, 2008 - 07:57 PM

Check out renthal sprockets. They are aluminum and come in a variety of colors.

• 642MX

Posted January 23, 2008 - 08:33 PM

I just bought a black Vortex sprocket the other day. It looks sweet with my blue rims. :applause:

I also bought a Regina ORN chain, Grayracer is going to be proud....:cool:

• felix 222

Posted January 23, 2008 - 08:44 PM

www.google.com

• grayracer513

Posted January 23, 2008 - 09:17 PM

I also bought a Regina ORN chain, Grayracer is going to be proud....:cool:

...and I suppose I'll be in trouble if it doesn't work out for you. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Slinkyman16

Posted January 23, 2008 - 09:34 PM

renthal only has blue and black for the yami.. but you should be able to get a vortex in any color.

• sirthumpalot

Posted January 24, 2008 - 03:42 AM

Vortex Racing sells them in blue, red, black and gold. You can find easily by googling for "vortex racing sprockets".

• 642MX

Posted January 24, 2008 - 05:25 AM

...and I suppose I'll be in trouble if it doesn't work out for you. :applause:

Exactly......:cool:

• bhsballer76

Posted January 24, 2008 - 04:32 PM

ok, so which would be better? aluminum or steel?

• 642MX

Posted January 24, 2008 - 04:49 PM

Steel lasts longer, but aluminum is lighter (a bunch lighter).

Which is better? Well, pro's use aluminum because of the weight savings, most woods guys use steel because they hold up well. I got the aluminum because it looked good.

• sirthumpalot

Posted January 24, 2008 - 05:17 PM

Aluminum is available in many colors, steel lasts longer. The fancy steel sprockets (Ironman, etc..) are almost as light as their aluminum counterparts and they wear much longer. I haven't yet seen colored steel sprockets....

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.