scotts shark fin - need ur help

4 replies to this topic
  • gal

Posted April 11, 2002 - 08:14 PM

i just recieve that from scotts and dont have any instructions how to install it. need pictures or step by step, the bike is not here at mom so i cant c how,

• Alain

Posted April 12, 2002 - 04:38 AM

Ok, this is a simple job.....

Remove your wheel, I`m assuming that the mounting of the caliper/bracket is the same/similar as my WR 98`. The whole assembly should come sliding right off of the swing arm.... Once the unit is off, all you have to do is slide off the caliper from the bracket and slide your caliper on your new Scotts Shark Fin and reassemble everything.

hope this helps

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MOmilkman

Posted April 12, 2002 - 05:28 AM

If I remember correctly the shark fin replaces one piece of the caliper mount and you have to take one of the "floating pins" out of the stock caliper bracket and insert it into the Scotts.

When you wrench it down, be careful, it is aluminum.

• MOmilkman

Posted April 12, 2002 - 05:30 AM

And dont forget to re-grease the pins with Hi-Temp grease!!! :)

• Alain

Posted April 12, 2002 - 08:49 AM

I think you`re right MOmilkman... it`s been a while since I installed it and I forgot about the pin that has to be moved....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.