best exhaust for 06 yz450f?

10 replies to this topic
  • Bumps489

Posted January 22, 2008 - 04:06 PM

im looking for an exhaust system for my 06 yz450f, im looking at DRD, Yoshimura, and white bros. anybody have any experience with any of these pipes?
thanks

• grayracer513

Posted January 22, 2008 - 04:15 PM

The forum has a search feature.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=513571

• CRF450808

Posted January 22, 2008 - 04:15 PM

When I thrash my Big Gun I'm going with MRD just based on what I read on this site..do a search on em..

• Stripes123

Posted January 23, 2008 - 07:56 PM

I'm putting a Leo Vince on my bike and will post the dyno results soon

• Bigcr

Posted January 23, 2008 - 08:56 PM

I'm putting a Leo Vince on my bike and will post the dyno results soon

I'm sure all of us would like that.:cool: In the meantime, I've had good results from Dr.D. I would really LOVE to see dynographs from all of the major pipe makers side by side.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • todds924

Posted January 23, 2008 - 09:15 PM

I'm sure all of us would like that.:cool: In the meantime, I've had good results from Dr.D. I would really LOVE to see dynographs from all of the major pipe makers side by side.

That would only work if it was an unbiased test between pipes on the same bike/same dyno. I saw a Two brothers dyno sheet that showed a 9 horsepower gain at 6500 rpm's that i find very hard to believe On a yz 450.

• KJ790

Posted January 23, 2008 - 09:23 PM

To compare dyno results side by side you really need to have the tests done on the same dyno on the same day. That would be nice to see though. Depending on what you are looking for FMF, Pro Circuit, White Bros, and Dr. D all perform well in different ways. The only issue with White Bros is that they went out of business so you would have nowhere to turn if you had a problem with it. Pro Circuit's customer service is one of the worst that I have ever dealt with. FMF and Dr. D both have excellent customer service, performance, and durability. I would go with one of those two.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted January 24, 2008 - 02:36 AM

i got the Dr.D on my 06 yz450 and it love it, it gives more power everywhere and if you get the sparkarester with it, it really brings down the noise:thumbsup:

• cowboyona426

Posted January 25, 2008 - 06:30 PM

Dr. D gets my vote.

• sidewinder2

Posted January 25, 2008 - 08:05 PM

To compare dyno results side by side you really need to have the tests done on the same dyno on the same day. That would be nice to see though. Depending on what you are looking for FMF, Pro Circuit, White Bros, and Dr. D all perform well in different ways. The only issue with White Bros is that they went out of business so you would have nowhere to turn if you had a problem with it. Pro Circuit's customer service is one of the worst that I have ever dealt with. FMF and Dr. D both have excellent customer service, performance, and durability. I would go with one of those two.

Vance and Hines are taking over White Bothers and will warranty all White Bros pipes.

• ragdoll 1

Posted January 26, 2008 - 06:34 AM

i have a yosh and love it smoothens out the power across the board. hope this helps

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.