Please educate me

3 replies to this topic
  • bstanton

Posted January 22, 2008 - 02:48 PM

I have the 2003 WR450 with the 3rd gear bog. Will a accelerator pump cover help me with this problem? Any ideas?

Thanks
Bstanton:ride:

• clark4131

Posted January 22, 2008 - 03:43 PM

3rd gear bog? Not quite sure what you mean by that. The accelerator pump issue pertains to wicking open the throttle from idle, wherein there is not enough vacuum to suck fuel and a mechanical device is needed to overcome the problem. If you're in 3rd gear, I can only assume that you have your RPM's up over idle. If so, you shouldn't have any type of bog if you're carb is jetted properly as the AP won't come into play. Give us some more to go on and we'll get to the bottom of it...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • w00dsRider

Posted January 23, 2008 - 04:01 AM

3rd gear bog? Not quite sure what you mean by that. The accelerator pump issue pertains to wicking open the throttle from idle, wherein there is not enough vacuum to suck fuel and a mechanical device is needed to overcome the problem. If you're in 3rd gear, I can only assume that you have your RPM's up over idle. If so, you shouldn't have any type of bog if you're carb is jetted properly as the AP won't come into play. Give us some more to go on and we'll get to the bottom of it...SC

Yep more info would be very helpful but I suspect that he just notices the bog more while in third gear. First gear and clutch feathering go hand in hand so it might not be that noticeable there. Depending on where he rides and how he rides he just might 'fly' through second and settle into third for most of his riding. Just guessing of course but it might explain the '3rd gear bog'.

• 02WR426Cali

Posted January 23, 2008 - 04:53 PM

You're probably running too low of RPM when this happens. That would be my guess

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.