PLEASE HELP.. I have the jetting blues

2 replies to this topic
  • mattnohiohills

Posted April 11, 2002 - 04:56 PM

02 wr 426 yz timed, air lid off, stock pipe spark arrestor out, grey wire cut, throttle stop cut, BK mod w/.25 sec duration squirt. I recently changed needles and a couple of jets based on what I have read here and I think it ran better stock.
everything in the carb is stock except for the following changes.
Pilot Jet 35
EKP @6
155 Main Jet
Pilos screw 1.5 turns
I am at 1000ft temp 60's. PLEASE help

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • skthom2320

Posted April 11, 2002 - 06:05 PM

I'm not a jetting expert but you really should describe what your symptoms are at the various throttle positions (0-1/8, 1/8-3/4, 1/2-WOT). That would probably get you a better response...

• Taffy

Posted April 11, 2002 - 09:03 PM

what a mess! sorry but it's true.

after all the info we put up we get the same old questions. and yet nobody listens.

that 35PJ is to go with a smaller PAJ. or buy the PAScrew, ok?

that 155MJ is to go with the #160MAJ.

and nobody recommeds an EKP now. it's taken me about 6 months to "ween" everyone onto the N or M needles.

spend another $20 and you'll be OK.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.