TrailTech Vapor Tips?

4 replies to this topic
  • nukinfutz

Posted January 22, 2008 - 09:23 AM

I have been wanting a Vapor for a long time now, and found one on Ebaytakeallmymoney.......looking over the install material on their site, it looks like you are on your own for mounting the pick up magnet onto the front disk.....I mean, they seem to give a couple ideas for your particular model, but seem to leave it out there......

Has anyone put one on their XRL?

Any other tried and true ideas on the pick up mounting?

• Jawmail

Posted January 22, 2008 - 01:07 PM

It's a pain to fit. You need to shave it down a lot to get it in there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bigredpig

Posted January 22, 2008 - 01:32 PM

Drill a hole and j b weld the magnet that comes with the kit. Or they give you a magnetic bolt to hold the rotor. It is easy….

• jbird710

Posted January 22, 2008 - 01:45 PM

Mine came with a magnet in a holder that uses a snap ring to hold it in place. I pulled the rotor, drilled a hole, inserted the magnet, and installed the snap ring. It's held up with no problems. The bolt with the magnet wasn't close enough to the sensor for it to pick up. I figure if it ever comes out, the hole is the same size needed for the magnet that you JB weld in place and I could install that one.

• dmvmechanics

Posted January 22, 2008 - 10:59 PM

i didn't have a problem on my R i really like it

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.