07' Wr450 & Ims 3.1 W/ais?

5 replies to this topic
  • atitagain

Posted January 22, 2008 - 06:24 AM

Just a couple quick questions... does the AIS need to be removed for a 3.1 IMS tank to fit? Just Gas Tanks also gives the option to include shrouds for $39.00, is this a good deal? They say they send Acerbis brand but I can ask for UFO. Is one brand better than the other?

• tweav

Posted January 22, 2008 - 08:54 AM

yes the tank fit will ais junk on,you can see where the bottom of the tank on my bike is It's nowhere near where that dumb steel line goes, and I only paid like 22 a side for the yamaha shrouds from yamaha. don't forget your steel framed wr petcock.they are only like 20 bucks too

Posted Image
Posted Image

• tweav

Posted January 22, 2008 - 09:04 AM

oh yeah , don't forget some new graphix because you dont want your bike to look like this :cool: :applause: :busted: :crazy: :prof: brand new and cheap looking

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • atitagain

Posted January 22, 2008 - 10:07 AM

Thanks Tweav,
Your bike looks Great!:applause: What kind of range do you get with the extra fuel?
The tank is my next purchase!:cool:

• tweav

Posted January 22, 2008 - 11:06 AM

on the road with my jetting like 125 miles . in the woods and trails 70-85 or so . I have not run it in real tight stuff yet but I would guess 60 but unlike most people on here I had to lean my bike way out I'm running a dynajet kit with a 150 main and a 42 pilot and a r&d powerbowl 1 turn out . I still have to take it back to the dyno to make the final tweaks but it it very close. my bike was so rich that I could start it with no choke after it sat out in the snow all night.

• badboyjcs

Posted January 22, 2008 - 07:55 PM

Where did you get that rack on the back?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.