DRD Ti/Ti system

9 replies to this topic
  • stroker101

Posted January 22, 2008 - 06:15 AM

installed a full Dr D Ti/Ti system on my 08' YZ450FX. jetted to Dr D's specs. it fit perfect and looks "factory". took it to the track yesterday, this thing really barks! the bike seems to be more rideable, less clutch work needed to get it moving...

Thanks Dubach Racing! :applause: :cool:

• Wes Woodin

Posted January 22, 2008 - 08:21 AM

Welcome Dr.D YZ!:cool:

• DPW

Posted January 22, 2008 - 07:17 PM

jetted to Dr D's specs.

What did Dubach recommend?

• stroker101

Posted January 23, 2008 - 05:24 AM

#162 mj, stk needle set on 4th clip from the top. my air screw set at 2 turns out.
i'm wondering if going to a #48 sj would help with cold weather starting? n e 1 know?

• Wes Woodin

Posted January 23, 2008 - 10:16 AM

#162 mj, stk needle set on 4th clip from the top. my air screw set at 2 turns out.
i'm wondering if going to a #48 sj would help with cold weather starting? n e 1 know?

Are you opening the throttle 4-6 times before you start? (Prime Cylinder)?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stroker101

Posted January 23, 2008 - 10:30 AM

no. i normally open the choke and kick. monday the temps were in the mid 50's here. tried starting the bike prior to loading my gear. god lord...it took a few kicks before it even sounded like it wanted to light. it would pop and back fire. then i tried blipping the throttle, i just aggrevated the situation.
so i kicked it through the flooded stage(?) until she lite off. got to the track and it started with no problem.
should i be blipping the throttle more? i never used to do this before with my other bikes.

• Kasjok

Posted January 23, 2008 - 10:50 AM

Whats your altitude?

• grayracer513

Posted January 23, 2008 - 10:56 AM

should i be blipping the throttle more? i never used to do this before with my other bikes.

Yes. You'll find that with an '06 or later especially that they do like to be primed. Even more so in the cold.

My procedure is normally to turn the gas on, pull the choke, and twist the throttle about 3-4 nearly full twists. Then I push the engine to the next compression stroke (to get an intake event in, so there's something in the cylinder), then draw back and kick it. If it doesn't start in two, I prime it again (1-3 twists), and that usually does it. It very often starts in one, dead cold, when I use this approach.

• stroker101

Posted January 23, 2008 - 12:34 PM

Whats your altitude?

about 6 ft. above sea level here. where we usually ride is about 25-33 ft. not much of a change.

i'll try using the priming method next time i go to start my bike. never too old to learn new tricks. thanks for the all the help guy's!

• Wes Woodin

Posted January 23, 2008 - 12:46 PM

no. i normally open the choke and kick. monday the temps were in the mid 50's here. tried starting the bike prior to loading my gear. god lord...it took a few kicks before it even sounded like it wanted to light. it would pop and back fire. then i tried blipping the throttle, i just aggrevated the situation.
so i kicked it through the flooded stage(?) until she lite off. got to the track and it started with no problem.

Stroker, Prior to starting the bike. Blip the throttle 4-6 times to prime the cylinder. Should crank 1st or second kick. I had a hard time starting mine at first. I open the throttle 3-4 times and will usually crank 1st kick or 2

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.