leaking out of breather hose

the other day i went to start my bike adn it started right up... then i let it sit to warm up and when i came back to check on it there was a small puddle of coolant underneath it.. i figured it out that it came from the long hose that goes to top end of motor... thats the breather hose correct? and is it supposed to leak coolant? and if its not that where would it be coming from... i have a 98 yz400f...

Dont let it sit and idle for more than a minute or two. As soon as I can give it throttle without it dieing I slowly ride it around. It still needs to warm up but the YZF's and WR's need some air flow through the radiators and over the exhaust header.

-mt-

o i usually let it sit for about 2-3 mins and then take off... is that bad? is it bad that it leaks coolant?

I normally start my bike after I get my riding gear on. Let it idle for 2 minutes, then I check the oil. I finish getting the rest of my gear on (helmet, goggles, ect) and then start it and let it idle for a minute or so, adjust the fuel screw and then I go ride.

Its not bad that they spit a little coolant, just make sure you refill it once it gets low. And remember that you only need enough coolant to cover the core. Some folks fill them up to the filler neck (which is incorrect) and the bike will blow out the extra coolant before its completely warmed up.