Woe is Me....Where is my Beloved BRP?

31 replies to this topic
  • martinfan30

Posted January 23, 2008 - 07:50 AM

If this is even a glimmer of a chance for this bike, my L may be going away!

• jdubb75

Posted January 23, 2008 - 08:58 AM

I called the dealership back and was fuming, thinking I got the usual "dealer lies". He said that Honda is calling 2009 their 50th anniversary and he wasn't sure why but swore thats what Honda says.

Like you I dont want to take a chance. I see a BRP in my near furture, uncorked and plated.

I stand corrected. :applause: After some research I've found they began U.S. operations (American Honda Motor Co.) in 1959 so your dealer would be correct about the 09 being the 50th anniversary for American Honda. As far as the BRP goes...who know's. I picked mine up last Saturday and ordered the parts to uncork on Tuesday. I brought it home from the dealer with a temporary plate on it and they are taking care of getting the title switched for street use...it's a bone stock 07 by the way. :cool: I didn't know they had that option, but if it saves me a few steps then so be it. I've already got a long wish list of parts, but I think I'm going to work on getting it street legal to match the title first. Well, after uncorking anyway. I say do it...you wont regret it. :busted:

• dm64xb

Posted January 27, 2008 - 06:06 AM

Local dealers told me 5250 plus tax for an 07......Seems a bit too hi eh? Any dealers on here that "like" thumpertalk members?

• jdubb75

Posted January 27, 2008 - 07:50 AM

That doesn't sound like a bad price. Before I bought mine I contacted at least 10 dealers around the area. $5512 out the door was the lowest price I got. I was getting prices all over the place though. Some were not budging much off the m.s.r.p. I even found a couple new 06's and they were wanting more for them than I paid for the 07. I would say the price you got was fair.

• martinfan30

Posted January 27, 2008 - 08:06 AM

Thats a very fair price. Cheaper than my L!

• creosote

Posted January 27, 2008 - 10:29 AM

I have had a couple of xr 400's over the years. Still have an 02' street legal. My story was almost like yours but when I found out there was no 08' I made a quick phone call to OTD cycle sports. I found out that they had one left on 12/23/07 so I bought it over the phone $5699 otd... I had always liked them and figured I would add one to my stable one day. That day came suddenly, and after clearing it with the boss it was to be mine. It is an absolutely awsome bike. Definitely different than the xr 400 but fairly nimble and incredibly,controlably fast with minor mods. Around $200 worth...I have empathy for all who are in your position. There might be a chance that there are some available in some dealerships some where although they may be sold at a premium. It would be worth some searching, and if found don't dilly dally buy it over the phone. Good luck to all in search of one of the last few good pigs...Creosote

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jdubb75

Posted January 27, 2008 - 06:30 PM

I don't know why it took me so long to think of this...:cool: When I went to my local dealer to see if he could get me an 07 R he looked on their Honda network and said he couldn't. Although, he was able to print me a list of all the dealers in Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Illinois that showed one in inventory. He could have printed a list for any state I wanted, but I wanted to start with those first since they were closest. If you are having trouble finding one ask your dealer to do that for you. I took the list and googled all the cities and wrote down the driving times then just started calling the the closest ones first. ...the clock is ticking and I don't think the govenor is going to call.

• dm64xb

Posted February 05, 2008 - 06:08 AM

The new solution has been decided. GET RID OF THE WIFE! Or rather she has decided to get rid of me. I will definitely need a BRP to celebrate...and will probably have to sell the 950SM.

New price quote is 5650 otd. Good price or wait untill after March 1st to see what discounts Honda kicks in?

• thumper dad

Posted February 05, 2008 - 07:40 AM

I found this topic interesting, but hard to follow because myself being relatively new to the riding scene I dont know what BRP stands for. Can anyone explain this please.

• jdubb75

Posted February 05, 2008 - 08:04 AM

I found this topic interesting, but hard to follow because myself being relatively new to the riding scene I dont know what BRP stands for. Can anyone explain this please.

BPR = Big Red Pig

Below is a link to the Pig Pen...this site will tell you all and maybe more.

dm64xb - Congratulations...errr, I think. :busted:
That price is a pretty good one. Being that they are not making 08's you might not find much of a price drop because it becomes a supply & demand thing. I got mine for $5512 otd, but had to drive 6hrs round trip to get it. If the bike is local and you've decided on an R, I wouldn't hesitate.

• resurrection

Posted February 05, 2008 - 03:41 PM

This replacement bike that was spoke of .
Can we write our Honda senator about a SM model R?

• jdubb75

Posted February 05, 2008 - 03:45 PM

This replacement bike that was spoke of .
Can we write our Honda senator about a SM model R?

I'd support that bill!:busted:

Related Content

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.