Anyone try a close ratio trans mod in their WR??

2 replies to this topic
  • bikedude127

Posted January 21, 2008 - 11:29 AM

I have a buddy who has questioned me about modding his WR to a close ratio trans (short YZ gearing) I have two sets of these gears, as I have modded two YZ 250 2t to a WR trans..

My questions are, has anyone tried to close up their gearing a little bit, and does anyone need 3rd-5th YZ gears for cheap??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • C-P

Posted January 21, 2008 - 07:31 PM

I know this doesn't help, but I'm gonna guess that just about everyone here is going to say they just would have bought a YZ...

• jpoehls

Posted January 21, 2008 - 08:15 PM

Agree on the YZ comment. One of the big reasons we bought our 4 strokes and moved away from 2 smoke is wide ratio.

Interesting though. Whatever trips your trigger.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.