yzf 426 tranny gears (3rd and 5th)

5 replies to this topic
  • kubamtx

Posted January 21, 2008 - 10:14 AM

Hello
My 5th gear is slipping. I'm changing gears (number 3 and 6 in yamaha fische) , my friend has few gears from wr and yzf but I'm not at home and I can't check how many teeth has gear 3 and gear 6 in yzf and how many in wr. Could you help me and tell teeth number in yzf or wr?

• grayracer513

Posted January 21, 2008 - 10:25 AM

5th pinion (#3) is 21T in the YZ, and 25T in the WR

3rd pinion (#6) is 18T in the YZ and 16T in the WR

• kubamtx

Posted January 22, 2008 - 09:20 AM

Thanks grayracer! Could you tell me one more thing, how many teeth has number 15 on yzf fische?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 22, 2008 - 09:45 AM

That is the 5th "wheel" gear (the driven element of the 5th pair), and it has 20 teeth.

• newfieyz426f

Posted February 03, 2008 - 09:37 AM

Have you takin the engine apart yet? if not , ive heard problems of the shifter fork bending and making 5th slip, which is what mine is doing also , but i havent takin mine apart yet.

• kubamtx

Posted February 03, 2008 - 11:54 AM

Yes. I'm during the rebulit. I know about shift forks. I've checked mine and it is not bent. But the dogs where worn.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.