Blasted accordians!

5 replies to this topic
  • Ironbeak

Posted October 16, 2002 - 01:42 PM

I'm kinda new to thumpers, but am LOVING my new XR650R. Thank God for my experience riding sportbikes. The XR is a LOT of bike. Anyway, my question is... Is there any sensible alternative to those lame-looking black accordian-looking sheaths on the fork? I'd like to keep the dust out, but just don't like the way they look.

• FooBarr

Posted October 16, 2002 - 01:54 PM

I believe Summers Racing Components have a plastic slider and seal saver setup. Try this link:
http://www.srcinc.net/newproduct.html
It's near the bottom of the page.

It's works with thier front fork brace and I believe you might get the plastic slider with the brace kit. Check with them for sure.

• Ironbeak

Posted October 16, 2002 - 02:17 PM

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I'd like to spend as little $$$ as possible, so I doubt I'd go adding a brace. I just thought there might be a simple solution. I'm riding stricktly street anyway... got road tires and stuff. I wonder if just taking them off all together would be okay.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FooBarr

Posted October 16, 2002 - 02:23 PM

Try these for $25

http://www.sealsaver...t_ID=11&CATID=1

• Ironbeak

Posted October 16, 2002 - 02:25 PM

Yeah, those look more like it. Simple, cheap, and not even vaugely reminiscent of pasta, gondolas, or The Godfather trilogy.

• secretatlas

Posted October 17, 2002 - 11:02 AM

ironbeak,
you can run the src or acerbis (acerbis makes them for src) plastic fork sweeps with the seal savors without also having to buy the fork brace. they make a separate mounting kit to just mount up the plastic sweeps. i'm sure src also sells that kit as well. or check the acerbis catalog. if you ride in any kind of rocky terrain you will want plastic in front of those exposed tubes. one ding in the tubes will make your seal savers worthless since from then on you will blow fork seals constantly due to the ding.

just my 2cents :)

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.