Lowering Link

5 replies to this topic
  • ukuhunta

Posted January 21, 2008 - 07:23 AM

who knows where to get a good lowering link for the rear or what manufactureres make one, thx

• cpr1

Posted January 21, 2008 - 08:06 AM

Check out Mountain Motorsports. They make a link that will drop the rear 1.5 inches. I had one on my 04 WR450, but I took it off because I felt that my steering/ handling in the tight woods suffered.....even after I slid my forks up in the triple clamps.

Just my 2 cents.

• William1

Posted January 21, 2008 - 08:39 AM

Instead of a lowering link, why not just get the shock and forks shortened and possibly resprung for your weight?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cpr1

Posted January 21, 2008 - 08:50 AM

Dollar for dollar, having the suspension lowered by a good suspension shop is the way to go.

• ETP

Posted January 21, 2008 - 12:32 PM

Dollar for dollar, having the suspension lowered by a good suspension shop is the way to go.

I agree.
The link changes the geometry of the suspension which causes problems.
Most have not been too happy with them.
I really wanted to put one on, but decided not to because of the feedback here on TT.

• ukuhunta

Posted January 21, 2008 - 04:42 PM

thx for the replys fellas, i agree, i think im gonna give the business to my local shop, especially seeing how i can take the parts to him and he can work it over

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.