TI subframe

2 replies to this topic
  • tk421

Posted October 16, 2002 - 01:05 PM

Anyone try this on the WR’s?
Posted Image
Fits '00-'01 YZ250F/400F/426F, WR250F/400F/426F Part number:YZR-5JG94-00-TT
$459.95

Yamaha’s part number is for both the YZ and WR. I’m wondering if it has the bracket for the coolant reservoir

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SoCalWR426

Posted October 17, 2002 - 04:39 AM

Here's whats different. 1.rear brake res.is different on YZtoWR 2. only one mounting bracket for YZ vs Two for WR coolant tank. This is for 01 and earlier models. 02 models the only difference is coolant tank mount. If this was a aluminum sub-frame it would be a no big deal, ti makes it harder due to different welding concerns. Hope this helps you..SoCal

• tk421

Posted October 17, 2002 - 12:24 PM

Thanks SoCal, it’s not looking good for a titanium sub frame addition especially for an 02 WR. I don’t mind fabricating, but don’t like the idea of welding titanium.

I went ahead and ordered an aluminum YZF sub frame by AC for $178. Aluminum’s not that hard to tig weld. I’ll fabricate the bracket for the coolant reservoir.
Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.