Strange Vibration....

5 replies to this topic
  • eyeofth3b3hold3r

Posted January 20, 2008 - 10:16 PM

Hey everyone, I have a 1995 honda xr650l thats desmogged and the stock pipe is gutted, everything else is stock. My problem is i have some type of vibration when you put the bike in a high gear to run at that current speed to maintain a low engine RPM, when U don't give it much throttle theres no vibration but when you roll on a lot of throttle a rumble kinda happens near my feet and i feel in it the seat. when the bike is just ridden hard up through the gears and in each gear at a high rpm there is no vibration. and the when the bike does vibrate the its not really struggling to pull the bike, it still accellerates and goes fine with the vibration. i'm wondering what is causing this? my bike has 14,500 miles and the tires, chain, and sprockets are all good. i've had crappier bikes do much worse things for thousands of miles, should I worry about this? Thanks!!! and i love my pig. also, i'm painting whats not white on my bike white, and painting the rims black, this should look cool when i'm done!! its a clean bike to start with! thanks for your help everyone!

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 20, 2008 - 11:12 PM

It sounds like normal 'thumping' of the motor. It is rythmic, and does it diminish more as the rpms go up?

• philipstjohn

Posted January 21, 2008 - 04:43 AM

Put new knobbies lately, tire balance issue?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • eyeofth3b3hold3r

Posted January 21, 2008 - 06:11 AM

yeah it does go up as the rpms go away so I guess thats what a huge thumper does? thanks!

• BeeDub

Posted January 21, 2008 - 08:33 AM

My problem is i have some type of vibration when you put the bike in a high gear to run at that current speed to maintain a low engine RPM, when U don't give it much throttle theres no vibration but when you roll on a lot of throttle a rumble kinda happens near my feet and i feel in it the seat.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it sounds to me like you might just be "lugging" it. My bike's brand new, and it'll do that if I try to lug it too much. I'm new to the L too, and this bike has a very different feel to the gears than any bike I've had. You can almost do freeway speeds in 3rd gear...

• martinfan30

Posted January 21, 2008 - 09:00 AM

Wlecome to the big bore thumper world!

You may also be lugging it a bit. Just for fun, check all your engine mount bolts, suspension bolts, etc...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.