Finally took the PLUNGE!

5 replies to this topic
  • Thresher90

Posted January 20, 2008 - 03:48 PM

I have been looking to upgrade my 2000 TTR225 for a bigger bike for some time now and today I finally did. I bought a 2001 XR650R and now I cant wait for spring. I pretty much stole the bike from the guy. He was only asking $2000. Everything runs great but looks a little dirty (nothing a little elbow greace and soap cant fix). I'll get pics up ASAP. :applause:

The graphics are in rough condition and I am wondering if I could use the 2002 graphics on the 2001 radiator shrouds. I think you can but I am not sure.

I am ordering the Baja street legal kit really soon too, which is just one of many upgrades to come. Any sweet ideas are welcome because I was planning on spending more money but now I can afford some sweet upgrades for the bike. :cool:

• dylanr

Posted January 20, 2008 - 04:04 PM

02 stickers will fit, but they might look a little different. as for the baja designs kit, i wouldnt get one, do a search, they arent made very well, and you can make one yourself for much less $$, i think there is even instructions on here somewhere for making one. Mine cost about $50 to make.

• dmvmechanics

Posted January 20, 2008 - 11:03 PM

congrats.
you did about steal it from him, nice job

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Nailpounder

Posted January 21, 2008 - 01:15 AM

gawd damn you did steal it, now ride it like you stole it. LOL

good bye,I wish I could find deals like that.

• jeanluconze

Posted January 21, 2008 - 08:44 AM

I have been looking to upgrade my 2000 TTR225 for a bigger bike for some time now and today I finally did. I bought a 2001 XR650R and now I cant wait for spring. I pretty much stole the bike from the guy. He was only asking $2000. Everything runs great but looks a little dirty (nothing a little elbow greace and soap cant fix). I'll get pics up ASAP. :applause:

The graphics are in rough condition and I am wondering if I could use the 2002 graphics on the 2001 radiator shrouds. I think you can but I am not sure.

I am ordering the Baja street legal kit really soon too, which is just one of many upgrades to come. Any sweet ideas are welcome because I was planning on spending more money but now I can afford some sweet upgrades for the bike. :cool:

Posted Image

• hondacrf150f1

Posted January 21, 2008 - 11:22 AM

02 stickers will fit, but they might look a little different. as for the baja designs kit, i wouldnt get one, do a search, they arent made very well, and you can make one yourself for much less $$, i think there is even instructions on here somewhere for making one. Mine cost about $50 to make.

I put the baja kit on mine to pass inspections in CT, it been 100% for 4300 miles of supermoto, and dirt riding. If you are gona buy one, get it from thumpertalk store, i got a full kit, LED turn signals/brake light, and a key ignition for $480.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.