jetting?

6 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 01, 2001 - 11:32 AM

HAVE A 99 WR WITH OPENED UP SNORKLE REMOVED, 180 MAIN JET, 45 PILOT & NEEDLE ON 4TH CLIP DOWN, AIR SCREW OUT 2 1/4 .IT POPS SNORTS & BUCKS AT LOW SPEED TILL IM ON THE MAIN JET THEN GOES LIKE STINK. ANY IDEAS? BIKE HAS A DUEL SPORT KIT AND I NOTICE THIS MOST ON THE STREET WHERE I HAVE TO RIDETHE SPEED LIMIT. I DON'T WANT TO UPSET THE NEIGHBORS. HELP

• robman

Posted February 01, 2001 - 03:24 PM

a new plug will fix it.

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted February 01, 2001 - 04:07 PM

Put a 48 pj in that sucker.

Where abouts in Ore are you? I'm headed up that way when it warms up (I'm from socal and anything below 70F freaks me out) and need a riding partner.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 01, 2001 - 04:08 PM

Originally posted by robman:
a new plug will fix it.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 01, 2001 - 04:31 PM

Originally posted by jim in so.ore:

ROBMAN, BEEN THERE, DONE THAT! NO HELP. I ALSO MADE MY OWN BAJA BAFFLE TO OPEN UP THE EXHAUST. IT SEEMS LIKE NO MATTER WHAT I DO NOTHING CHANGES MUCH. TO RON IN SO CAL, I LIVE IN MEDFORD JUST NORTH OF THE BORDER.

• James_Dean

Posted February 01, 2001 - 04:57 PM

Clean the carb thoroughly and check the operation of the accel pump.

• robman

Posted February 01, 2001 - 05:02 PM

If james dean can't fix it nobody can!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.