DS tires

I like the look of Dunlop Trailmax's. We installed one for a customer the other day, and I couldn't believe how deep the tread was. It was not a knobby, but a street orientated tyre with a deep tread. I have a front Trailmax I got for $5 nearly new, but didn't know the rear had much deeper tread. I think they're rated for 80% street and 20% dirt. This is what I'll be using on my XT550 project - mainly street, maybe some light fire trails.

I've got these avon distanzia . they handle very well on the road ,but are very greesy feeling in mud . I have two sets of rims so it only takes like 15 minutes to swap.

DSC00860.jpg

DSC00861.jpg

next time I'm getting 130's

I also have a set of pirelli scorpion at's I'll sell them to you for 100 dollars I had them mounted up but I never ran them , I thought they looked too thin

DSC00863.jpg

DSC00862.jpg

if you want the pirelli's pm me

Man drop the dough on a set of Dunlop 606's. I ride street daily and these tires will hold up wwaaaayyy better than you think. Rubber is hard enough to last me well past a couple grand and I Flogg in the city. They are only 60+ bucks at Motorycle accessory warehouse. I used to get them there for 53 a piece but prices recently went up I guess with demand.

Plus I forgot to mention that I tried a set of Dual sports early on and like tweav said they are worthless on the dirt and god forbid you find some dew ridden grass:cripple: And as they begin to wear the worse offroad they get. If you are like me you will get them on there and want them off ASAP

I had my set of 606's balanced .I had the bike going 111mph with them on I think they a pretty good ds dirt tire but I don't think they will last a 1000 miles on road . I put a set of king's dot konbbies on my crf they are a cheap tire but again I don't think they will last long . I'll snap some pics of the knobbies and post those in the morning

I had my set of 606's balanced .I had the bike going 111mph with them on I think they a pretty good ds dirt tire but I don't think they will last a 1000 miles on road . I put a set of king's dot konbbies on my crf they are a cheap tire but again I don't think they will last long . I'll snap some pics of the knobbies and post those in the morning

Cool deal. So I change my oil every 600 mi and I know for fact that I have 4 changes (ready for 5) on the last set I am running and I could still run em shady off road. Got a long way to go before required change. Main thing about the wear is in the center on the rear. IF you run it hard any tires are gonna wear right. So once you wear to a certain level you arrive at true DS tire status anyway with 606's. Only thing is (and this is what rocks) you still have the outer knobs to catch you as you lean in the grass/dirt/whatever. I have been runnin these faithfully for a couple years now:thumbsup:

ok the sizes of those pirelli's are back 110/80/18 the front one is a 80/90/21 . here's a pic of the dunlop 606's with 225 on road miles .

DSC00864.jpg

and here's my new dot king's tires back is a kt-9661 120/100/18

DSC00865.jpg

the front tire is a kt-9662 80/100/21

DSC00868.jpg

DSC00867.jpg

Like those Kings and I like the prices too. Keep me posted on the performance. Front looks like better traction in the corners and the rear kinda worries me withe the knob spacing. Put 250 mi on the kings and re post or even PM me. I might like to try those dudes out. Where'd you buy those? :cool:

I think the back rim is a 2.15 and the front 1.85 I think . I ordered the tires from little's racing they do not carry them but their supplier does so call who ever you like getting parts and ask them about getting you some .It's going to be a few months before I run those tires .That is my project bike I don't see me getting it done very soon .It will be the only one like it when it's done and should be a blast to ride . but I can't see me getting it all together much sooner then early summer . When It's done it will be a street legal brand new 2006 cr500 aluminum framed all wheel drive woods bike. It's going to take me some time to come up with all the cash this thing is going to suck up.