asv clutch perch vs. works connection perch

11 replies to this topic
  • idiot_on_426

Posted January 19, 2008 - 09:14 PM

iv been hearing from my friends that the works connection pro clutch perch assembly has a very good reputation and improves the softness of the pull. iv been pricing some assemblies out and have wondered if the asv clutch perch kit is just as good or better. the reason i ask is because i hear the works connection has a ball bearing inside to make it a easier pull or smoother. does anyone know if the asv has the same feature? its for a 01 yz426 if that matters.

• matts06yzf

Posted January 19, 2008 - 10:18 PM

Awesome question. I have felt the Wc but not the C5 pro from asv. I can get the ASv much cheaper but I would like to hear opinions also.

• aedwards07

Posted January 20, 2008 - 09:36 AM

IMO the works connection elite perch is a much better product.It seems the ASV perches wear down from the lever being made of a harder material than the perch thus creating excessive up and down slop in the lever.The Works is a better product but does have a slightly harder clutch pull because of the shorter lever.Throw a full size sunline folding lever on there and you have a real light clutch pull that will last forever.

• Wes Woodin

Posted January 20, 2008 - 10:22 AM

I heard that the GYTR perch is awesome. I wanted the ARC but don't like the hot start on top as it is on the arc. Probably go with the Works Connection.

• 917 rider

Posted January 20, 2008 - 06:04 PM

I heard that the GYTR perch is awesome. I wanted the ARC but don't like the hot start on top as it is on the arc. Probably go with the Works Connection.

my asv levers has the hot start on the bottom,just put them on, but loving them so far:thumbsup:

• 917 rider

Posted January 20, 2008 - 06:18 PM

my asv levers has the hot start on the bottom,just put them on, but loving them so far:thumbsup:

Posted Image:cool: :applause: :busted:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mmcdan

Posted January 22, 2008 - 05:49 PM

I've used them both and have to say that I prefer the WC Elite lever/perch/hot start combo over all others. Great product!

• RJB

Posted February 26, 2008 - 05:55 PM

Just got mine (F3 ASV levers) and installed them. Notice that the slot that holds the hotstart cable is way larger than it needs to be, so the cable moves around and doesn't fit snug - not sure how much dust/dirt it'll pick up, as the stock was well sealed with the rubber boot.

• felix 222

Posted February 26, 2008 - 10:37 PM

i use the f3 series. i've broken the clutch perch before but that was a bad crash. ASV quickly replaced it at no charge. other than that, it has been reliable.

• Mbiker_101

Posted February 27, 2008 - 09:23 AM

Why don't you try my mod to improve the clutch pull before you go out and buy another lever, this doesn't cost a dime and works like a charm.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=599598

I have a 02 YZ426 and it made an amazing difference, went riding with my buddies and the have an 00 YZ and it was like a brick, he felt mine and was in love. Try it now.

• grayracer513

Posted February 27, 2008 - 09:32 AM

I can't address the issue of comparing the ASV perch with any of the others, but I have the hinged clutch lever only in the the stock perch on my son's bike, and the full C5 perch with the hot start lever on mine. Both these levers were installed new on the last bike we each had, used for about a year or more, then moved to their current locations. This makes each of them about 2 1/2 years old, and they have been through numerous little crashes severe enough to have caused damage to a standard lever. Both, or all four, since we run the brake levers, too, are in great shape, and are not worn or sloppy beyond reasonable limits.

Frankly, letting yourself get distracted by a lever that jiggles vertically a little is a bit nit-picky IMO, but that's maybe just me.

• frankllynn

Posted February 27, 2008 - 07:16 PM

I got the msr pro raptor and it made an incredable difference in clutch pull on my bike. I was going to do the clutch mod but when I took off the lever I didn't feel there was enough material there to add more holes.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  38 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.