Pulling Throttle cable

5 replies to this topic
  • mightymart

Posted January 19, 2008 - 04:29 PM

Amazing I was gone riding tomorrow & here I am at 22mins past midnight trying to fit new handlebars :cool:
I have read about the cables going below the tank bolts but I have checked this & they are above, Is there any reason why I can't turn the throttle grip upside down to give me a little more slack ? the picture below is how it was & want to turn the throttle grip round 180 so the cables would be below ?

Aslo is there a torque setting for the tank bolts ???
Posted Image

• Old Dog

Posted January 19, 2008 - 05:19 PM

Is that the stock throttle housing or is it an aftermarket one? It looks like it might be a Motion Pro setup, but it's hard to tell from the pic. When I installed my Eddy I went with a Motion Pro quick turn ratio setup instead of the garbage stock one. I ran my cables behind the bars and then over the top of the engine (between the top engine mount brackets) then straight to the carb. This was the best way I found to keep them totally bind free through the whole turning radius. :busted: :cool: :applause:

• XR4DEZ

Posted January 19, 2008 - 06:10 PM

Mine is rotated towards the pilot 90 degrees.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted January 19, 2008 - 06:24 PM

Don't point the top of the throttle up: the cables will snag on stuff, and the throttle will die if you crash on it. And you get less slack.........

• Descalzo

Posted January 20, 2008 - 03:13 AM

+ 2 on that

• mightymart

Posted January 20, 2008 - 09:34 AM

The only way I could do it was to turn it 180, if I only turned it 90 it was getting snagged, But to add to misery got it all set up ,handlebars , levers , mirrors, etc, then as i turned hard right it cut out :crazy: The decompresion cable was now stretching , Off come the mirrors & levers , reroute the clutch & decompression cable , At last done ! :prof: But its pitch black out now :cool: :applause: :busted:

Related Content

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.