1999 YZ400 MSR Clutch Lever w/Hot Start to use for decompression

2 replies to this topic
  • dedelmon

Posted January 19, 2008 - 01:48 PM

I am trying to move the decompression lever under the bar and I purchased an MSR AOF Clutch perch and lever to accomplish this. I know, the cam is the way to go but the clutch perch was 35 bucks. Everything seems to fit fine, but when I turn the bars all the way one direction, the cable gets too tight and pulls the decompression killing the engine. Is there any way to get more length out of that cable. I do not see any adjuster on the side of the engine where it attaches. I have adjusted the cable adjust (a few inches in from the lever) but am still not getting enough length.

Anyone have any luck making something like this work?

-d

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted January 19, 2008 - 02:15 PM

Did you try to re-route the cable? Often changing its' path can effectively lengthen or shorten a cable, depending on the route it takes.

• dedelmon

Posted January 19, 2008 - 03:50 PM

there is no way to re-route it unless I do not go through the forks and over the bars. I could come off the neck of the bike and go up to the bars but that does not seem safe.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.