Anyone Use The Quickshots?

16 replies to this topic
  • YZF831

Posted January 18, 2008 - 02:19 PM

Just wondering how many out there are running the quickshots on your carb? I see Boyesen makes two versions and the first one is quite a bit cheaper than the new one now, are they that much better? Thinking of putting one on my 08. Any info helps. Thanks!!:cool:

• WB450

Posted January 18, 2008 - 02:29 PM

I just picked one up on Ebay, I hope they work.

• grayracer513

Posted January 18, 2008 - 02:34 PM

Try not to be too disappointed.

• Dveitch8

Posted January 18, 2008 - 03:28 PM

I felt a huge difference with the throttle response especially off idle, eliminated the ridiculous amount of bog. :cool:

• Dveitch8

Posted January 18, 2008 - 03:29 PM

that was with the quickshot 2 by the way

• YZfamily

Posted January 18, 2008 - 08:57 PM

happy with mine so far, no more stalling when engine is hot.

• Ga426owner

Posted January 19, 2008 - 09:23 AM

I have one ...it only addresses part of the issue....
I bought it when they first came out and everyone raved about it....for the what they cost a better solution for just about the same amt of cash is the ZipTy Carb mod...it fixes the issue once and for all.:cool:

• todds924

Posted January 19, 2008 - 04:16 PM

I just picked one up on Ebay, I hope they work.

I tried one on my 06 and 08.......they are garbage!!!!! If you wan't one that bad.....send me a stock cover and i'll give you one free....plus shipping. In my opinion they are a bad deal even for free.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • todds924

Posted January 19, 2008 - 04:18 PM

I felt a huge difference with the throttle response especially off idle, eliminated the ridiculous amount of bog. :cool:

The o-ring mod or wiring the acc. pump works the best.

• Dveitch8

Posted January 19, 2008 - 07:32 PM

The o-ring mod or wiring the acc. pump works the best.

how do you do either of these?

• todds924

Posted January 19, 2008 - 08:41 PM

how do you do either of these?

Do a search in the jetting forum. They show you both ways to do it.

• HMMRDWN

Posted April 27, 2008 - 04:48 PM

Ok I looked I cant find either of these mods. Can someone post the link?

• albertaguy

Posted April 27, 2008 - 07:07 PM

don't know the link but simply put you take off the throttle body plastic cover on the right side. There is a black plastic arm attached to the throttle cam (all one piece). It touches the accelarator pump adjustment screw. Take a small heavy oring and loop it over the two so they are connected together, or wire tie them. Has the same effect as putting in a heavier duty spring only way easier to do. Creates more of an instantaneous response between your twist of the throttle and the acc. pump - minimizes the hesitation. Cheap and easy to do and makes a big difference I think (never did mine just on it's own, did other mods as well so hard to say). Makes sense that it should help. Also I did use the quick shot 2 and thought it was very helpful. Don't know why but it really lessened the backfiring snap crackle pop on decel as well which was really bad stock. I found after the qs2 I could hold 3rd in corners easier and much more instant throttle response. I now use the r and d power bowl on my ktm and it is great. Who needs fuel injection when you have a finely tuned carb.

• WB450

Posted April 28, 2008 - 07:09 AM

Ok I looked I cant find either of these mods. Can someone post the link?

It's in here about half way down under "Fuel System".
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=447989

• WB450

Posted April 28, 2008 - 07:11 AM

Try not to be too disappointed.

I decided to give it to a buddy for his b-day, I don't need one.

• albertaguy

Posted April 28, 2008 - 09:17 AM

Anyone running the powerbowls on their yzf's? or is that just a good fix for the ktm's which don't have a leak jet. Makes a big difference on the ktm going from no leakjet to a fully adjustable one and with the jd jetting kit plus oring mod it is very very crisp and responsive. Getting back on my yzf now it feels a bit slow to respond when I used to think it was crisp. Just wondering if anyone has one on a 07-08 yzf 450 and what they thought.

• grayracer513

Posted April 28, 2008 - 10:03 AM

Some reading on what leak jets are for, and how they work.

http://www.thumperta...330#post4415330

http://www.thumperta...966#post6081966

http://www.thumperta...344#post6091344

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.