Fork length on xr600

4 replies to this topic
  • JMC

Posted January 18, 2008 - 08:14 AM

Need a favor, can somebody measure their xr600 forks unloaded and post the length? I have a 97' trying to see how much they were shortened.:cool:

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted January 18, 2008 - 02:14 PM

Need a favor, can somebody measure their xr600 forks unloaded and post the length? I have a 97' trying to see how much they were shortened.:cool:

I'll measure mine this weekend, they aren't shortened, they are friggin long.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted January 19, 2008 - 08:38 AM

I have a spare set in the garage. I measured 41 inches from the bottom to the end of the steel fork tube. The edge of the cap adds 1/8 of an inch. The entire cap is about 13/16 tall.

• JMC

Posted January 20, 2008 - 07:31 PM

Thanks. Mine measures 38". 3" shorter.:cool: My r. has just under 10" from tire to fender. Trying to find a reasonable solution to this, local shop wants a 150.00 to got through what I have and see what they can reverse if anything.:applause:

• cleonard

Posted January 20, 2008 - 08:49 PM

Thanks. Mine measures 38". 3" shorter.:cool: My r. has just under 10" from tire to fender. Trying to find a reasonable solution to this, local shop wants a 150.00 to got through what I have and see what they can reverse if anything.:applause:

You could always just take it apart and see if there is anything that simply comes out. Not really sure what they do to shorten shocks. If it a spacer then pop it out. If they cut something then you need new forks. I picked up a set on ebay a few months ago for only $50 shipped.

I bet the rear got the same treatment. The dogbone replacement only drops the bike an inch or an inch and a half. I'd guess if they went to the expense of shortening the forks, that the same was done to the shock.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 8 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.