Ordered My Edelbrock For My XR650L!!!

19 replies to this topic
  • Boston Mangler

Posted January 18, 2008 - 07:44 AM

Well, i finally pulled the trigger and ordered the Edelbrock! :cool:

The stock carb was OK, the just majority of our rides go from Sea Level to 4000ft and i want easier adjustability!

Anyway, just had to post up to say WOO HOO!! :applause:

Stock Carb with complete Dynojet Jet Kit for sale, PM me fair offers

Thanks

• Maroast

Posted January 18, 2008 - 08:06 AM

Congrads man! I teetered for a while and finally pulled the trigger a couple months back, great decision (esp for the price I paid)

Your gonna love the vicious punch on the low end that the accelerator pump gives you :cool:

• martinfan30

Posted January 18, 2008 - 11:31 AM

Well, i finally pulled the trigger and ordered the Edelbrock! :cool:

The stock carb was OK, the just majority of our rides go from Sea Level to 4000ft and i want easier adjustability!

Anyway, just had to post up to say WOO HOO!! :applause:

Stock Carb with complete Dynojet Jet Kit for sale, PM me fair offers

Thanks

You may want to keep the stocker. What if CA. mandates bike smog testing? Maybe the EDDY wont pass? You might have to put it back in with the stock jets and get it smogged, then put the EDDY back on after!

• Cocky Rooster

Posted January 18, 2008 - 01:19 PM

:cool: I love my Eddy. Cold starts require a few pumps on the throttle, but once you have the technique she purrs like a kitten.

• Boston Mangler

Posted January 20, 2008 - 10:57 AM

Thanks guys, i am really looking forward to it.

Hopefully the install goes "Glitch Free"

Are the settings out of the box usually pretty close?

Thanks

• Cocky Rooster

Posted January 20, 2008 - 11:43 AM

Just a heads up-I put my Eddy on with no problems in about fifteen minutes, but wrestled with the cables for about 2 hours before surrendering and leaving the push cable off for a while. The throttle would hardly return with just the pull cable installed, and would not return at all with the return cable hooked up. I just left the return cable off for a while until things loosened up, and then put it on later with no problems.:cool:

If you have :applause: It's not you:thumbsup:

• xr650l bum

Posted January 20, 2008 - 07:58 PM

You may want to keep the stocker. What if CA. mandates bike smog testing? Maybe the EDDY wont pass? You might have to put it back in with the stock jets and get it smogged, then put the EDDY back on after!

Just speculating, but I cant see CA going back and smoging older bikes. I believe that is why they put the cut off in affect. I do not doubt they will make you smog your bike, but I believe it will be something like 2010 and above. Easier that way. Quantity of legal bikes is not that high, and life expectancy for the bikes is short.

• craig hammon

Posted January 20, 2008 - 08:03 PM

You mean KTM.s have short life expectancy. Mike.

• Boston Mangler

Posted January 20, 2008 - 10:47 PM

Just a heads up-I put my Eddy on with no problems in about fifteen minutes, but wrestled with the cables for about 2 hours before surrendering and leaving the push cable off for a while. The throttle would hardly return with just the pull cable installed, and would not return at all with the return cable hooked up. I just left the return cable off for a while until things loosened up, and then put it on later with no problems.:cool:

If you have :applause: It's not you:thumbsup:

Thanks for the tips!

Did you use the stock throttle tube and cables or did you use the new ones in the kit?

Thanks

• xr650l bum

Posted January 21, 2008 - 06:29 AM

I used longer custom cables, but used the stock tube. The one that came with it seemed to bind up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boston Mangler

Posted January 21, 2008 - 07:33 AM

I used longer custom cables, but used the stock tube. The one that came with it seemed to bind up.

I see

I have slightly wider handlebars but no risers.

I am hoping i can get away with stock cables! :cool:

You free Sat AM Mike? :applause:

• martinfan30

Posted January 21, 2008 - 08:04 AM

Just speculating, but I cant see CA going back and smoging older bikes. I believe that is why they put the cut off in affect. I do not doubt they will make you smog your bike, but I believe it will be something like 2010 and above. Easier that way. Quantity of legal bikes is not that high, and life expectancy for the bikes is short.

Never assume anything, especially when it comes to CA.!

• xr650l bum

Posted January 21, 2008 - 08:14 AM

Sat is no good. I will have the kids all weekend. I have Tues evening, Wed morning/early afternoon, Thurs(but would like to ride), Fri morning. I am running my carb with the 15e needle.

• Boston Mangler

Posted January 21, 2008 - 08:15 AM

Friday AM works for me provided the carb gets here by then.

Wanna plan for Friday AM and if anything changes, I will PM yah?

BBQ on me!

• xr650l bum

Posted January 21, 2008 - 08:29 AM

Fri am it is.

• Cocky Rooster

Posted January 21, 2008 - 12:27 PM

Thanks for the tips!

Did you use the stock throttle tube and cables or did you use the new ones in the kit?

Thanks

I used the stock tube, and the cables came with the Eddy. They seem to be great quality - just a little stiff until they wear in a little.

• Boston Mangler

Posted January 22, 2008 - 05:50 AM

Fri am it is.

Awesome!

Check your PM's for my addy

Thanks Man! :cool:

• jetfuel

Posted January 22, 2008 - 08:45 PM

You said it Martinfan ... Have you guys seen this ???
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=596313

• martinfan30

Posted January 23, 2008 - 11:03 AM

See, its already happening...:cool:

• Denn10

Posted January 23, 2008 - 12:36 PM

be quiet you nevadian!!

Might try stock cables with some routing it may work every bike may be a bit different from bars/risers, and just how the cables were routed to begin with

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.