Starter bearing replacement

2 replies to this topic
  • Toinky

Posted January 17, 2008 - 06:14 PM

Anyone successfully replaced the rear bushing/bearing in the starter of a WR450?

Once this bearing goes, your starter makes a horrible screeching, and Yahama wants you to buy a new starter for $200+ rather than replace the bearing for minimal bucks.

There's an extended discussion about this at:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=451945

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Anthony CRF450

Posted January 17, 2008 - 07:35 PM

i had the bearing/ bush replaced its as good as new since the repair cost $20
by an auto elec. good luck mate :cool:

• Toinky

Posted January 19, 2008 - 07:07 PM

Thanks, Anthony. I tried a couple of shops in my town (central California), but couldn't find anyone to do it because of the odd bearing size. Could you give me more detail about who/where you got yours done? That is, I'd appreciate more specifics about the kind of shop and what they did exactly. Thanks.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.