out for 4 months, help me pick parts! since im going to be bored

45 replies to this topic
  • rmzRacer293

Posted January 22, 2008 - 04:30 PM

Well, since most of us don't hang out with you very often, a lot of guys were probably unaware of your recent helmet purchase. And, it may well be that a fairly large number weren't interested enough to watch yet another crash video, and so may not have been aware of whether you hit your head or not, or, if they did watch it, simply couldn't tell. To me, your response to CS was more defensive/combative/provocative than his simple suggestion that you buy a helmet. Sometimes it's better just to ignore stuff.

As long as we're on this, and you brought it up, do you think it's a "stupid thread"? Obviously not, but apparently you have some sensitivity that some might think so. Why? Your bike already has enough bling on it for two bikes, and it seems to me that except for the fact that it won't do anything to stave off your boredom, a wiser use of your money would be in setting it aside for your next bike, or truck, or a house of your own, or your eventual retirement (saving $4k/yr at 7% would make you a millionaire by the age of 65). But that's only my perspective, and everyone knows what an old grouch I am.

wow thats wierd one of my teachers told me the same thing today. except it was 2K/yr at 8%....

I would say FMF pipe. ecspecially if you get it half off. an anodized one would look sweet on there.

• Smokeslider

Posted January 22, 2008 - 06:05 PM

I'll close the helmet argument with a slightly defensive stand on my earlier comment about getting a new helmet. I wasn't at the track nor was I in your helmet when you crashed, so i didn't make the comment suggesting you get a helmet because of the crash although it wouldn't hurt just for safety's sake. I made the comment for 2 reasons. The first reason was that you seem to be going along the ways of "bling" and it seems the industry is allowing that attitude to be carried out to safety equipment such as paint-jobs, trick looking helmets in general and even sticker packages for your Leatt. Just throwing another loop into the thread that maybe you hadn't really thought about. The second reason I suggested a helmet was that the very reason of your post was asking for suggestions, right? I just thought that maybe I could throw something in there to think outside-the-box. I meant no harm in the original suggestion nor do I believe that Grey did either, just keep an open mind and enjoy the beautiful bike!!

• wes782

Posted January 22, 2008 - 07:58 PM

I'll close the helmet argument with a slightly defensive stand on my earlier comment about getting a new helmet. I wasn't at the track nor was I in your helmet when you crashed, so i didn't make the comment suggesting you get a helmet because of the crash although it wouldn't hurt just for safety's sake. I made the comment for 2 reasons. The first reason was that you seem to be going along the ways of "bling" and it seems the industry is allowing that attitude to be carried out to safety equipment such as paint-jobs, trick looking helmets in general and even sticker packages for your Leatt. Just throwing another loop into the thread that maybe you hadn't really thought about. The second reason I suggested a helmet was that the very reason of your post was asking for suggestions, right? I just thought that maybe I could throw something in there to think outside-the-box. I meant no harm in the original suggestion nor do I believe that Grey did either, just keep an open mind and enjoy the beautiful bike!!

alright sorry i took it the wrong way man, no worries tho its done :cool:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jestrab269

Posted February 10, 2008 - 06:38 PM

hay man i was there the same day, i didn't see the crash but i say u laying there

• surfersean1982

Posted February 10, 2008 - 07:51 PM

That's the best white yami I've seen so far. I have awhite one as well but mostly stock. I've had powder coat on a bike before and it looked really trick. Just remember to get some frame guards or grip tape because powder coat comes off I found out. I had black vine metallic. It looked great. I think your right about getting the black put on it. It'll make it stand out more for sher. You don't see too many bikes painted nowadays.

I'm kinda stuck in your boat with being hurt. I have my shoulder constantly dislocating on me. It'll pop out on a firm landing. I just did it last month again so I'm taking a break. I need to get the surgery. Do to complicated reasons with work, I'm postponing it even though I have medical insurance.:applause:

• _JoNeS_

Posted February 18, 2008 - 03:12 PM

dude thats a sick looking yam love the all white, what graphics are those they look custom ? As far as mods for it id defo try and go with the frame and swing arm P/Ced black, also id go with the yellow hoses if you can get hold of them, and maybe get your rear spring P/Ced blue to go with the engine bolts and axle blocks. Oh and maybe your hubs P/Ced bright yellow would look sick, one more thing....maybe a carbon bash guard. You got any more photos of her to post up ?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.