out for 4 months, help me pick parts! since im going to be bored

45 replies to this topic
  • wes782

Posted January 19, 2008 - 11:29 PM

alright guys what color radiator hoses? yellow or red. im thinking yellow....
and i decided against pegs, i just got some tech 10s and i want them to last as long as possible lol

• wes782

Posted January 19, 2008 - 11:31 PM

muffler and polish that frame.

i was thinkin maybe powder coat black for the frame? what do you think

• Slowmotion426

Posted January 19, 2008 - 11:39 PM

well i broke my wrist/ arm sunday night at the amsoil sandbox arena. im goin in for surgery tommarow....
basically my winter is going to be longer :busted:
and now with extra money (not have to pay for gas to go to the sandbox 3-4 times a week and the costs to ride) im gonna have some good change to spend on goodies. so you guys should help me out and let me know of some good things to buy.

i have an 07 450
so far i have
radiator cages
axle blocks
timing plugs
applied 24mm triple clamps
renthal chain and sprockets
rims
zip ty carb mod
fuel screw
custom step seat
twin air filter
new mich tires
twin walls
asvs
suspension

so what else do you think i should get? lol

im thinking

sdg step seat ($40)
skid plate
fmf megabomb
cv4 radiator hoses
sfb clutch cover

i really dunno what else to buy but i wanna pimp my bike out so i want you guys to help, also I race only motocross

heres my bike now

Posted Image

also heres the vid of my crash if you guys wanna see, its really lame how it all happened and seeing the out come of what happened after watching it is very surprising, it doesnt look that bad at all. It sucks too because i was doing it fine then bam i endoed it out of no where....wutever tho shit happens.

http://myspacetv.com...ideoid=26143127

sorry for my crappy typing, i can only use one finger :cool:

Looks like you were riding pretty good right before the crash. Had that rhythm section down. Just one of those 'who know's' what caused it wrecks.
Heal fast- glad you weren't hurt worse. :applause:

• wes782

Posted January 20, 2008 - 08:20 PM

Looks like you were riding pretty good right before the crash. Had that rhythm section down. Just one of those 'who know's' what caused it wrecks.
Heal fast- glad you weren't hurt worse. :cool:

ya i felt good too then bam, one of those things i guess wutever tho shit happens

no other recommendations for parts?

• mxtitan24

Posted January 21, 2008 - 09:16 AM

ill back you up on powder coating the frame black
i had a 97 CR 500 wit black plastics
and i powder coated the frame bomb pin green
(the army has like an olive green color on all their bomb pins, i know im a badass :cool:) looks dope

• Smokeslider

Posted January 21, 2008 - 07:42 PM

Maybe a new helmet?

• wes782

Posted January 21, 2008 - 08:15 PM

Maybe a new helmet?

uh why?

• grayracer513

Posted January 21, 2008 - 08:39 PM

Maybe a new helmet?

uh why?

I agree. Don't bother with a helmet. :cool:

• wes782

Posted January 21, 2008 - 09:04 PM

I agree. Don't bother with a helmet. :cool:

except i didnt hit my head at all....... why do you guys have to be such smart asses? its sad especially from you grey of all people i totally respect you and look for your opinions on things because you know your shit...... but it seems like you pick and choose who you are nice to on here, i could be completely wrong but i dont appreciate either of your guys' "suggestions"

and sorry if i didnt get what you guys meant or your sarcasm if it was intended differently which i doubt but I didnt get a concussion or hit my head at all.... if thats wut your implying. why cant you just stay on the subject? I asked for thoughts on mods, not if you think I hit my damn head.

• grayracer513

Posted January 21, 2008 - 10:00 PM

Who suggested that you hit your head, and why do you regard a suggestion that you buy a helmet as either unfathomable or a smart ass remark? Helmets should be replaced periodically, whether impacted or not, and they're certainly more important colored coolant hoses. Or don't you agree?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wes782

Posted January 21, 2008 - 10:11 PM

Who suggested that you hit your head, and why do you regard a suggestion that you buy a helmet as either unfathomable or a smart ass remark? Helmets should be replaced periodically, whether impacted or not, and they're certainly more important colored coolant hoses. Or don't you agree?

o i agree with that but i bought that helmet 2 months ago i dont really think it needs to be replaced yet, like i stated before i could have read that wrong which i guess i did. im sorry for that. but the rolling eyes made it seem like a smart ass comment. i thought the guy was suggesting a helmet was implying i hit my head in my fall maybe.... thus making maybe what he thought was a stupid thread...

• grayracer513

Posted January 22, 2008 - 07:18 AM

Well, since most of us don't hang out with you very often, a lot of guys were probably unaware of your recent helmet purchase. And, it may well be that a fairly large number weren't interested enough to watch yet another crash video, and so may not have been aware of whether you hit your head or not, or, if they did watch it, simply couldn't tell. To me, your response to CS was more defensive/combative/provocative than his simple suggestion that you buy a helmet. Sometimes it's better just to ignore stuff.

As long as we're on this, and you brought it up, do you think it's a "stupid thread"? Obviously not, but apparently you have some sensitivity that some might think so. Why? Your bike already has enough bling on it for two bikes, and it seems to me that except for the fact that it won't do anything to stave off your boredom, a wiser use of your money would be in setting it aside for your next bike, or truck, or a house of your own, or your eventual retirement (saving $4k/yr at 7% would make you a millionaire by the age of 65). But that's only my perspective, and everyone knows what an old grouch I am.

• grunkthump

Posted January 22, 2008 - 07:31 AM

how about a Leatt?? ...:-)

• CRF250dude26

Posted January 22, 2008 - 07:43 AM

how about a Leatt?? ...:-)

It looks like he has one already.

• wes782

Posted January 22, 2008 - 11:09 AM

Well, since most of us don't hang out with you very often, a lot of guys were probably unaware of your recent helmet purchase. And, it may well be that a fairly large number weren't interested enough to watch yet another crash video, and so may not have been aware of whether you hit your head or not, or, if they did watch it, simply couldn't tell. To me, your response to CS was more defensive/combative/provocative than his simple suggestion that you buy a helmet. Sometimes it's better just to ignore stuff.

As long as we're on this, and you brought it up, do you think it's a "stupid thread"? Obviously not, but apparently you have some sensitivity that some might think so. Why? Your bike already has enough bling on it for two bikes, and it seems to me that except for the fact that it won't do anything to stave off your boredom, a wiser use of your money would be in setting it aside for your next bike, or truck, or a house of your own, or your eventual retirement (saving $4k/yr at 7% would make you a millionaire by the age of 65). But that's only my perspective, and everyone knows what an old grouch I am.

ok well you make very good points and i cant argue with that, except for the last part

the money thing im well aware of, i already have a house payment, and a new bobcat payment coming soon, and a new bike in the summe. and its all funded by me. Im not a kid who just spends all his money on a bike, i own a business with my brother and we have been fortunate enough to make it pretty damn successful that we both make a living off of it. I know what and how much i can spend on motocross and it may seem like alot of stuff but the thing is i can afford it. ne ways i was just looking for options suggestions, you see all these big threads of people building bikes and people watching the progess of it. i wanted to make this kind of like those.....im not asking for a life lesson here, you dont know my background obviously like you already stated, so why question it? just stick with the subject please.

the sad thing is this all started with the rolling eyes which to me was not funny im sorry, it would have been fine with out that.

and yes i already have a leatt :cool:

enough of this, just tell me some parts! lol

• grayracer513

Posted January 22, 2008 - 11:38 AM

the money thing im well aware of, i already have a house payment, and a new bobcat payment coming soon, and a new bike in the summe. and its all funded by me. Im not a kid who just spends all his money on a bike, i own a business with my brother and we have been fortunate enough to make it pretty damn successful that we both make a living off of it.

Good for you. That's the only path you can really take to personal wealth if you can't inherit it. :cool:

• iracekx

Posted January 22, 2008 - 12:04 PM

Looking good hope you get better quick so you can get back to riding.

• Bigcr

Posted January 22, 2008 - 01:38 PM

Fasstco Flex Bars, Dr. D pipe, Hotcams, RHC head porting.

• wes782

Posted January 22, 2008 - 01:53 PM

Fasstco Flex Bars, Dr. D pipe, Hotcams, RHC head porting.

how are hotcams? ive heard bad things about them from people are here..

• KJ790

Posted January 22, 2008 - 02:08 PM

I've had great success with hotcams and highly recommend them. I have heard a lot of good things about them. They also take customer service very serious so if you do have a problem they will make it right.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.