out for 4 months, help me pick parts! since im going to be bored

45 replies to this topic
  • wes782

Posted January 16, 2008 - 08:55 PM

well i broke my wrist/ arm sunday night at the amsoil sandbox arena. im goin in for surgery tommarow....
basically my winter is going to be longer :applause:
and now with extra money (not have to pay for gas to go to the sandbox 3-4 times a week and the costs to ride) im gonna have some good change to spend on goodies. so you guys should help me out and let me know of some good things to buy.

i have an 07 450
so far i have
radiator cages
axle blocks
timing plugs
applied 24mm triple clamps
renthal chain and sprockets
rims
zip ty carb mod
fuel screw
custom step seat
twin air filter
new mich tires
twin walls
asvs
suspension

so what else do you think i should get? lol

im thinking

sdg step seat ($40)
skid plate
fmf megabomb
cv4 radiator hoses
sfb clutch cover

i really dunno what else to buy but i wanna pimp my bike out so i want you guys to help, also I race only motocross

heres my bike now

Posted Image

also heres the vid of my crash if you guys wanna see, its really lame how it all happened and seeing the out come of what happened after watching it is very surprising, it doesnt look that bad at all. It sucks too because i was doing it fine then bam i endoed it out of no where....wutever tho shit happens.

http://myspacetv.com...ideoid=26143127

sorry for my crappy typing, i can only use one finger :cool:

• rmzRacer293

Posted January 16, 2008 - 09:13 PM

only thing i can think of is fat Ti pegs, brakes? idk if got aftermarket brake setup or not..?
btw.. bike is already sick as hell. did a very good job on it.
too bad about the crash get well soon. looks like your doing pretty good. :cool: :applause:

• wes782

Posted January 16, 2008 - 09:16 PM

only thing i can think of is fat Ti pegs, brakes? idk if got aftermarket brake setup or not..?
btw.. bike is already sick as hell. did a very good job on it.
too bad about the crash get well soon. looks like your doing pretty good. :cool: :applause:

thanks man

i was thinkin those too, maybe motomaster oversized front rotor and sunline foot pegs?

• mxtitan24

Posted January 16, 2008 - 09:37 PM

u need an Whitebrothers carbon pipe =]

• wes782

Posted January 16, 2008 - 09:46 PM

u need an Whitebrothers carbon pipe =]

too loud and have seen too many break, plus no deal. i get fmf for half off

• 1st450

Posted January 16, 2008 - 10:16 PM

yeah i'd have to say pegs also

• KJ790

Posted January 17, 2008 - 05:22 AM

I'd get rid of that long silencer if I were you. Since you get half off of FMF get a factory 4.1, huge difference in performance.

• wes782

Posted January 17, 2008 - 10:54 AM

I'd get rid of that long silencer if I were you. Since you get half off of FMF get a factory 4.1, huge difference in performance.

well lets just say i dunno how i feel about their silencers, seen alot fall apart. i know its mainly due to packing but i dont know if its worth it. my bike already rips

• Wiz636

Posted January 17, 2008 - 11:06 AM

GYTR chain guide...looks trick compared to the TM Designworks.

• CRF250dude26

Posted January 17, 2008 - 02:21 PM

I would find a handa front brake system if I were you. I put a CR125 brake system on YZ250 and the brakes are awesome. Everything will bolt up all you have to do is take the yamaha brake hanger and put it on the honda caliper.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BBrown626

Posted January 17, 2008 - 07:19 PM

muffler and polish that frame.

• Smokeslider

Posted January 17, 2008 - 10:07 PM

another vote for new pegs. Other than that, bike looks great!!

• grunkthump

Posted January 18, 2008 - 07:33 AM

WOW sorry to hear about your crash!! I was just there for the 1st time a couple weeks ago...LOTS of fun for an indoor deal....at least it is seat time....that section I was just doing double/double.....then blipping off the top of the plateau and into the corner...worked great. Did you ever do the big triple in the middle....THAT thing scared the crap out of me!! I think your bike is PLENTY "pimped" AS IS!!...:-)

• wes782

Posted January 18, 2008 - 09:46 AM

. Did you ever do the big triple in the middle....THAT thing scared the crap out of me!! I think your bike is PLENTY "pimped" AS IS!!...:-)

yes thats how i fell, tripling through the rythems or do you mean the main triple? yes i do that one too 2nd gear tapped, super easy. :cool:

• grunkthump

Posted January 18, 2008 - 04:34 PM

yeah i meant the main triple....oh is that what the takeoff on the right side is for when entering the rythem section?? to go triple/triple?? hmmmmm....no thanks.

• wes782

Posted January 18, 2008 - 04:44 PM

yeah i meant the main triple....oh is that what the takeoff on the right side is for when entering the rythem section?? to go triple/triple?? hmmmmm....no thanks.

that main triple is very easy and its super fun, if you ever try it just remember 2nd tapped. then if you cut to the inside right away when you land you can make up alot of time doing that then jumping that table on the inside.. and yes thats what that lip is on the right side :cool:

• wes782

Posted January 18, 2008 - 04:45 PM

any other suggestions?

my new idea gytr clutch cover, fork tubes anodized dark brown, enzo sub tanks

• wes782

Posted January 19, 2008 - 12:08 AM

any other thoughts?

• grunkthump

Posted January 19, 2008 - 06:57 AM

Wes what are your thoughts on the 24mm clamps?? I rode my 07'back to back with a buddy's 08' at sandbox and thought his bike felt lighter, that was about it...really couldn't notice (at least in there) that it cornered any better...however I have an awesome front tire on mine and the forks slid up. What I did notice was a HUGE power difference (both bikes totally stock with 51T sprockets on each). That 08' felt like maybe a 300.

• wes782

Posted January 19, 2008 - 09:37 AM

Wes what are your thoughts on the 24mm clamps?? I rode my 07'back to back with a buddy's 08' at sandbox and thought his bike felt lighter, that was about it...really couldn't notice (at least in there) that it cornered any better...however I have an awesome front tire on mine and the forks slid up. What I did notice was a HUGE power difference (both bikes totally stock with 51T sprockets on each). That 08' felt like maybe a 300.

i LOVE my clamps best mod ive done after the zip ty carb mod. i rode crf450s the last 3 years and was very disappointed in my switch to the yami this year ( saved $1300 over buying nother honda) but now that i got those clamps every doubt i had is long gone. my friend who was in the same boat as me (comparing honda to yamaha, except he was in more of a pickle since he was riding them at the same time. he rode for the gps suspension arenacross team this year before he got hurt) thought they helped alot also and boufght some for his yami.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.