WR450 Performance Upgrades

3 replies to this topic
  • turbbo

Posted January 16, 2008 - 02:33 PM

I have a 2006 WR450. I ride mostly trails and fast fire roads. My bike is stock and everything is uncorked. I'm looking for some overall performance. This is what I plan on doing. Hot Cams stage 1 exhaust cam, 13.5:1 Wiseco piston, and FMF powerbomb header with a Q4 exhaust. What do you think? Any other suggestions or comments would be great. Thanks in advance.

• brad the best

Posted January 16, 2008 - 06:36 PM

i would go with a exhaust system . the DR.D is supposed to be pretty good for the WR , or go with the powerbomb and Q4, your choice .

i probably wouldn't get a higher compression piston because i woudln't want to run race gas and i don't think it would would be as reliable .

the cam is probably not a bad idea however .

get the piston if you want , personally i would put a pipe on it and then go ride . if you want more get a cam and if you want more get a piston . wouldn't get them all at the same time .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted January 16, 2008 - 08:26 PM

Hot Cams quality has been hit and miss. See if you can track down a YZ exhaust cam and go that route first...SC

• Summit

Posted January 17, 2008 - 06:31 AM

I put a GYT-R header and muffler on mine (jetting of course) and it made a BIG difference. Low and mid is big.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.