wr 400 rebuild how many hrs miles to run in

2 replies to this topic
  • stokebloke

Posted January 16, 2008 - 11:11 AM

hi guys
i have just had to rebuild my wr 400 engine because the big end siezed..i have replaced the main engine bearings,conrod and pin,big end bearing,oil pump and rotor,new set of rings and a timing chain whilst i am in there iam going do the yz timing mod...
my question is how many hrs or miles should i do for the running in procedure

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • brt 426

Posted January 20, 2008 - 09:05 PM

I believe everyone has a favourite way to run there machine in. But here's how I do it. Run it for approximately 20minutes. Just medium running. Not flogging it. Let it cool til cold. Then gradually increase it's revs as you ride it.Ther's not much to bed in really. Chrome bores give little friction. Remember change the oil often. It's the cheapest maintenance you can do.

• William1

Posted January 21, 2008 - 03:44 AM

After an hour, you will be fully broken in (actually, within the first fifteen minutes). Do an oil change!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.