Fair price for New 08' YZ450F

14 replies to this topic
  • ttweedle

Posted January 16, 2008 - 03:26 AM

I looked on TT for a thread but could only find one from 2002.

I am going to buy myself a 08' YZ450F when I return from Afghanistan in April. My dillema is that all of the local dealers will not come off of MSRP a penny. The reason is that you have 30,000 troops here that come home from "the war" with 25k + in there pocket and go in and say "I want that one, Here is my cash" So I am going to travel to buy it but I have never bought a new motorcycle before and just wonder what is considered a fair deal for both me and the dealer. Also is it better to pay with cash or not? Thanks for your help guys.

• Dr.Crankenstien

Posted January 16, 2008 - 05:29 AM

I am not really sure what a good price would be on one of these, I know I would not pay retail though.
I do want to say "THANK YOU" to you and all the service men & women out there for what you do:usa: :banghead:

• Ga426owner

Posted January 16, 2008 - 05:33 AM

I am going to buy myself a 08' YZ450F when I return from Afghanistan in April. My dillema is that all of the local dealers will not come off of MSRP a penny. The reason is that you have 30,000 troops here that come home from "the war" with 25k + in there pocket and go in and say "I want that one, Here is my cash" So I am going to travel to buy it but I have never bought a new motorcycle before and just wonder what is considered a fair deal for both me and the dealer. Also is it better to pay with cash or not? Thanks for your help guys.

Call Abernathys in Tn for the best price. The 08s ain't setting sales records so plenty are available and by april dealers will be lowering prices as the 09s will be the hot ticket item for july/sept/oct....if any dealer here in the SE is charging full MSRP by then....they are idiots. THe bike will have been on the streets almost 10-12mos by then. If not screw that dealer....go buy elsewhere. Also be safe over there in Afghanny:thumbsup:

http://www.abernathycycles.com/

• grayracer513

Posted January 16, 2008 - 06:26 AM

It's always better to pay cash. The dealer has costs associated with a financed sale almost no matter where the money comes from, and you do in every case.

Interest that you don't pay is the same as making that amount of money tax free. Don't forget that.

And thanks for the job you do. :banghead: :busted:

• Norman

Posted January 16, 2008 - 06:28 AM

I have bought from Abernathys, easy transaction and price wasnt a penny more than advertised on their website. And again, thanks for your service!!

• ttweedle

Posted January 16, 2008 - 06:47 AM

Thanks to all of you that responded so quickly and for the good information.

Your Welcome, its my pleasure to serve.

• Justin 314

Posted January 16, 2008 - 07:59 AM

Jarman's Sportcycles in Charlottesville, Va is a good dealer too. Very easy to deal with, and great service. I drove 3 hours from the Suffolk/Chesapeake area to them and it was well worth it to get my 08 250F (paid cash..so much easier), and they've got me as a repeat customer.

1-434-293-4406. Ask for James Jarman. Make sure you ask for an out-the-door price.

Also, thank you for your service. :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wes Woodin

Posted January 16, 2008 - 08:49 AM

I can get you one around 6K +-! Let me know

• William1

Posted January 16, 2008 - 09:24 AM

I had good luck with two dealers in VA. One could not get me an 08 but offered a real good price on a 07, the other, got me an 08 for close to $500 under MSRP and he made plating it a $50.00 deal.

If you willing to take a ride:
Cycle Center
Culpepper, VA
540-825-5544
Ask for Charley (Owner)

Also try:

BURCHAM CYCLES
PRINCE GEORGE, VA
804-526-2300

• William1

Posted January 16, 2008 - 09:25 AM

Wes, that sounds like a great deal, very kind of you to extend the offer to ttweedle. :banghead:

• roost271

Posted January 16, 2008 - 09:30 AM

i paid $6,800 otd here in phoenix, i thought that was a fair deal

• rickallen124

Posted January 16, 2008 - 09:48 AM

I paid $6,500 here in Washington and that was last fall. The price will only go down. You should be able to get one in the low 6k in april. As the others have said, thanks for your service.

• steve_97060

Posted January 16, 2008 - 12:02 PM

I can get you one around 6K +-! Let me know

thanks for stepping up Wes...

Thanks to all of you that responded so quickly and for the good information.

Your Welcome, its my pleasure to serve.

Thanks to you and your comrades, stay safe...

• Wes Woodin

Posted January 16, 2008 - 12:10 PM

Wes, that sounds like a great deal, very kind of you to extend the offer to ttweedle. :banghead:

Man it's worth it. Be even more worth it if I could snag some gas. haha:lol: Just kidding. I'm happy to do it. We buy a fair amount of bike through our dealer so he usually can drop the price a little bit because of our volume. Thanks Wes:thumbsup:

• DuckTape

Posted January 16, 2008 - 12:28 PM

I could not agree more with the recommendation of Culpeper Cycle Center. I buy all of my bikes from Charlie Lacy (5 in the last 3 years). Gave me a great deal on each one of them and he is a pleasure to work with. I bypass another Yamaha dealer on my way. Heck, he’s even delivered a few of them right to my doorstep. Best price around, great service and a true motorcycle enthusiast!

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.