Rate Your Most informative Yamaha thread

20 replies to this topic
  • Wes Woodin

Posted January 15, 2008 - 05:03 PM

Out of all of these Yamaha threads what has been the most informative?

• 642MX

Posted January 15, 2008 - 07:24 PM

Any and all oil threads......:banghead:

• jayh300

Posted January 15, 2008 - 07:31 PM

the one with the info to bail me out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and any of the ones with gray's glowing header.
jay

• CRF250dude26

Posted January 15, 2008 - 08:58 PM

I would have to say this thread.

• Ga426owner

Posted January 16, 2008 - 06:01 AM

of Course in infamous "Oil Threads" boy those used to be exciting debakles........go ahead a shoot me GreyRacer:censored:

No Wait...the "Glowing Header" ........that ranks up there also.....with Greys famous "Grocery Cart blow it out your @$$" pic

Seriously,
these goes way back - these are Classics that were tops in my opinion for the day
"Grey Wire Mod"
"BK Mod"

Oh and anything "EGO" used to post...remember him? Entertainment at it's finest!

Threads on all How to's, carb settings , suspension and motor help...have always been informative...for each year yami....
I also find the new bike results pretty informative
and any thread that list part numbers that I am too lazy to look up....
oh and all the conjecture, rumor mill etc....:banghead:

And to your credit Wes.....all of your "Best of best threads" ....for those that like the best of the best.....maybe someone should start a "worst of the worst"

and all of the fun bantering between Red, Blue yellow and green :busted:

• MotoGoalie

Posted January 16, 2008 - 08:18 AM

Whatever thread that got me banned for a year and a half:applause: :banghead:

All me threads:busted:

• Wiz636

Posted January 16, 2008 - 11:05 AM

Oh and anything "EGO" used to post...remember him? Entertainment at it's finest!

How about "getdrunk" and his posts? If I recall he wanted to know if it would be okay to fire up his YZ426 motor that he had put into a quad without putting oil into it 'just to see if it runs', and then argued with everybody about it.

• BBrown626

Posted January 16, 2008 - 11:59 AM

I think the most informative one is the "How much oil do I put in my bike?" thread. Those and the many like them indicate how lazy and dumb so many people are. If you can't figure out how much oil to use then sell your bike and go to Toys R Us and pick up the correct one.

• Ga426owner

Posted January 16, 2008 - 12:22 PM

How about "getdrunk" and his posts? If I recall he wanted to know if it would be okay to fire up his YZ426 motor that he had put into a quad without putting oil into it 'just to see if it runs', and then argued with everybody about it.

yea he was a classic also - too funny:busted:

• SoundChaser

Posted January 16, 2008 - 01:04 PM

Seriously,
these goes way back - these are Classics that were tops in my opinion for the day
"Grey Wire Mod"
"BK Mod"

:banghead:

GA426 -
I have to agree with ya there, some real classic stuff back in the day! Dare I even say ...groundbreaking ! ?

I would also add most threads by Motoman383.

"EGO A-Hole", now that was some crazy stuff there. Shamelsss thread posting just to up his post counts at it's best !

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted January 16, 2008 - 01:28 PM

Hands down! The 450 CAM Mod for us 426 Owners.
2001 Clutch Mod was good. Then the imfamous glowing header followed by the dent on the bottom of my exhaust and finally - Any oil thread that has a heated debate!

• King_Air

Posted January 16, 2008 - 02:04 PM

Hands down! The 450 CAM Mod for us 426 Owners.
2001 Clutch Mod was good. Then the imfamous glowing header followed by the dent on the bottom of my exhaust and finally - Any oil thread that has a heated debate!

I was going to say the 450 Cam mod also. I also agree with the other ones that 00YZ426MRCD said.

• yznmt

Posted January 16, 2008 - 04:17 PM

longtime lurker but have never posted...i too think the 450 cam mod is the best.i just did it to my 01 and really enjoy the response and "no starter drill" aspect.
the posts on the mod walked me through it just fine...you guys are the best!!

• todds924

Posted January 16, 2008 - 05:35 PM

I don't think you can say there is a "most informative one". Most of them are. Since i have been participating in this forum, I would say we couldn't have a better moderator than Gray racer. He knows the yz's and goes out of his way to help alot of people who would be spending alot of money to have someone else fix there stuff. :cool:

• William1

Posted January 16, 2008 - 05:56 PM

Do I need to use less oil when it is a thicker oil and more oil when it is thinner?
Does altitude affect how much oil I need to put in?
What if the oil I use to top it off comes out of a different batch, will it cause problems?
If my bike leaks oil, do I have to add more?
My manual says it holds 1.2 quarts, but I can get in over 4, is the manual wrong?

My god!

• 642MX

Posted January 16, 2008 - 07:18 PM

followed by the dent on the bottom of my exhaust

Your kidding? I thought my bike was the only one with a dent in the muffler....:cool:

• 642MX

Posted January 16, 2008 - 07:22 PM

I would say we couldn't have a better moderator than Gray racer. He knows the yz's

Exactly. :cool:

• grayracer513

Posted January 16, 2008 - 07:56 PM

Do I need to use less oil when it is a thicker oil and more oil when it is thinner?
Does altitude affect how much oil I need to put in?
What if the oil I use to top it off comes out of a different batch, will it cause problems?
If my bike leaks oil, do I have to add more?
My manual says it holds 1.2 quarts, but I can get in over 4, is the manual wrong?

Put de Lime in de Coconut, drink 'em bot' up. :cool:

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted January 17, 2008 - 06:31 AM

Your kidding? I thought my bike was the only one with a dent in the muffler....:cool:

Bad thing is that now I have to confess.... I also thought mine was dented till I read the post. :applause:

• wflee26

Posted January 17, 2008 - 07:35 AM

I would just have to say the "oil in my water post". Thanks again, grayracer!
:cool:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.