I am shocked!

5 replies to this topic
  • beezer

Posted January 15, 2008 - 02:44 PM

The February Dirtbike actually had an interesting article in it.

They had Dr. D hisself doing a de-smog on an 08 WR450.

It was the usual binocular removal, YZ throttle stop, grey wire cut and a Dr. D pipe with a quiet insert.

He used data acquistion techology with a lambda exhaust sensor to do the jetting none of which I have a clue about.

His results were a 162 main, a NCVQ#4 needle and a 48 pilot. The stock leak jet was used and he had to adjust the accelerator pump was adjust 1/2 turn in from stock.

• Unibomber

Posted January 15, 2008 - 02:49 PM

Welp gonna have to get that issue.:banghead:

• beezer

Posted January 15, 2008 - 02:59 PM

I'd scan it but I don't know about the copyright laws.

There really isn't anything in the article that I haven't posted so you might want to keep the 4.99 in your pocket.

Buy yourself a 6-pack instead.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted January 15, 2008 - 04:09 PM

The February Dirtbike actually had an interesting article in it.

They had Dr. D hisself doing a de-smog on an 08 WR450.

It was the usual binocular removal, YZ throttle stop, grey wire cut and a Dr. D pipe with a quiet insert.

He used data acquistion techology with a lambda exhaust sensor to do the jetting none of which I have a clue about.

His results were a 162 main, a NCVQ#4 needle and a 48 pilot. The stock leak jet was used and he had to adjust the accelerator pump was adjust 1/2 turn in from stock.

What happened to no rejetting required, hmmmm? Ah, vindication is a beautiful thing. TT Rocks! But, we knew that already...SC

• cbrandt

Posted February 04, 2008 - 02:21 PM

Has anyone run theese settings on their own bike? I am still trying to perfect my jetting and it would be helpful to know how this set-up works with a stock pipe (no baffle) and hopefully somewhere close to sea level

Thanks

• Humunn

Posted February 05, 2008 - 05:17 AM

Has anyone run theese settings on their own bike? I am still trying to perfect my jetting and it would be helpful to know how this set-up works with a stock pipe (no baffle) and hopefully somewhere close to sea level

Thanks

Save yourself a huge guessing game headache and get it dyno'd.

I did it and for $160 it runs tight and crisp.

Greg

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.