forks clunking on rebound

1 reply to this topic
  • lawndude

Posted January 15, 2008 - 02:25 PM

98 wr 400. forks were clunking when a friend bought this bike. Anytime the front wheel comes up the fork rebounds out making a clunking sound like the rebound isn's working. any ideas. I replaced the oil with mobil atf and set it to stock height. it still does it. feels like a pogo stick.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • brt 426

Posted January 15, 2008 - 10:41 PM

Hello,
I had written a detailed response but it logged me out. doh
I think you'll find your damper rod bearings are worn out. I tried heavier oil also but it didn't work. I had new damper rod bearings made and fitted them myself.
Eric Gorr explains in No 3 of his MX handbook how to do this job. It's fiddly. Best left to a suspension shop.
Regards

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.