Max Power 523

15 replies to this topic
  • ukuhunta

Posted January 14, 2008 - 09:23 PM

Im just about to have my new motor from max power and will keep everyone who interested in how its gonna work for me. I also had them port and polish my head, install titanium valves, and also drop some web cams in the beast to give it even more. Understand this bike is a motard that i rip around my hood, the canyon and also drag race it so im excited to see what kind of time im gonna get with it now, i won the points last year with the motard and its a blast....hopefully ill be able to hook up and keep the front end down...also had dasa racing bore my carb out to 44mm to get more juice and air flowing.......anyone want to know how its going ill post more and some pics, should be here tomorrow to in a few more days i may be able to ride this beast.......

• Alternative

Posted January 15, 2008 - 12:34 AM

523 :banghead:?! That thing is gonna rip (your arms off). When you get it all done you gonna have to put it on a dyno, see how many extra horses you managed to cram in there.

• ukuhunta

Posted January 15, 2008 - 06:40 AM

yeah i agree......would love to dyno the bike but im pretty theres not one on this rock......kauai that is but maybe in honolulu.......motor is here too..........wooott

• ukuhunta

Posted January 16, 2008 - 09:26 PM

got the motor put back on the bike, filled her up with fluids, hooked the fan in front of the radiators and than took a deep breath........woot.....she fired up on the second push of the button which was sweet......adjusted the idle and let her fun just til she warmed up and than shut her down, i repeated four times and than took her out on the road....i have to say that even at a quarter to half throttle i can feel the difference already even without the carb being jetting properly.......once i get one tank through her ill dial the jetting and let it rip but i must say that this thing is sweet. once i let her rip ill post again.......

• brad the best

Posted January 16, 2008 - 09:59 PM

you haven't re jetted at all ????? i would of taken a stab in the dark before i even started it up .

tell us how long it lasts .

• ukuhunta

Posted January 17, 2008 - 06:25 PM

of course it was jetted already by dasa, 185 main, 45 pilot and 2 and a half on the needle but just was a bit off......have to break it in to see how right the main jet is but that wont happen til ive got two tanks through it.....i can tell you this though that motor rips already at about half throttle. next thing you know youre already in 5th gear.....ill keep everyone posted

• ukuhunta

Posted January 30, 2008 - 10:04 PM

well i have to say that my bike is seriously smoking fast now.......havent had enough room to open her completely open but had it up to 9000 rpms last night in fourth and still had alot left. not sure on the speed but im thinking at least 70+....sweet bike, ill race in on the drag strip march 1st and post my slip for all those interested

• dirtysouth

Posted January 31, 2008 - 11:00 AM

well i have to say that my bike is seriously smoking fast now.......havent had enough room to open her completely open but had it up to 9000 rpms last night in fourth and still had alot left. not sure on the speed but im thinking at least 70+....sweet bike, ill race in on the drag strip march 1st and post my slip for all those interested

Post some on the top end when you get arount to it. I have been reading to see if you mentioned it. Have a bud that works heads and rides a CRF that he has squeezed up tighter than vice grips. Valve to piston clearance is in the .005-.008 range:eek: So I ask him about his desire to get so tight rather than go BIGGER and his response was to the effect of "When you put that larger piston in the motor things slow down." referring to the added wieght being slung back and forth in the jug I guess. Now I couldn't really swallow that. But when you think about it...you may pick up HP and torque but it is likely coming on slower or at least differently than say his motor. In addition friction should be noted as the surface area has just been increased as well.
So let me know what you think about how the power is coming on relative to a well tuned maxed standard bore motor neglecting the torque. Hope this is not a far fetched request. I am just trying to guage what I will do in the future when my motor lays down for a nap.:busted:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ukuhunta

Posted January 31, 2008 - 09:46 PM

your question is a bit too much techno for me but i do sort of understand wher you are coming from, ill know more for sure come march 1st when i take it out the the quarter mile, it will definately show if im picking up alot of top end speed or not but at this point i am definately thinking that its going to pick up alot since at 9k on the rpm in fourth its pretty scary fast and that is not even maxed out yet im just running out of road...my tach is working good but the speedo is off so when i get it to the track it should tell us all we would like to know about but the top end is pretty insane right now. trying to get the bike to jet right is gonna be another task but its all trial and error i guess, see whats gonna work the best, also i may run out of gears before i even hit the traps and havent figured what im gonna do about that, ive got a 16 in the front and a 37 in the rear, pretty sure a 17 will not work in the front and thats the smalllest rear i could find........

• ukuhunta

Posted January 31, 2008 - 09:48 PM

these guys are max power were wondering what i was doing with this motor thinking i was riding motocross with it cause this is the same motor they put in the drag quads and the like.......when i told them what i was doing they knew it would be good for that, also is it stroked with falicon crank as well if that tells you anymore

• SJMC_DON

Posted February 01, 2008 - 08:48 AM

Throw a turbo in :busted:

• beezer

Posted February 01, 2008 - 10:29 AM

That would make a great motor for an ice bike!

You must have 5K into that motor!

• ukuhunta

Posted February 01, 2008 - 03:06 PM

youre about right on the money into the motor part......still waiting on my new front gold and ill be able to post a pic.......the bike is all blacked out except motor and such and looks pretty sick plus its street legal if you could call it that.....lol

• Bret The Ripper

Posted February 02, 2008 - 09:03 AM

That sounds awesome. I know people don't understand why the bike needs more power, but it does. I went from riding street bikes and doing track days to getting a dirt bike. First thing I did was search for more power out of my WR. I am anxious to see the pics.

• ukuhunta

Posted February 02, 2008 - 06:04 PM

ill post some pics as soon as i get the bike looking pristine.......also im on kauai which has like 3 mechanics who are only good half the time so i shipped the motor to maxpower and than built it for me......dasa did the carb.....ill know more what exactly its doing when i run the quarter mile again march 1st but this motard is the points champion from last year so they had better watch out........lol

• ukuhunta

Posted February 11, 2008 - 06:27 PM

Race is on March 1st so I will post the timing slip to see how this motor does on the quarter mile.....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.