'04 YZ 450f questions

2 replies to this topic
  • casey_mccann

Posted January 14, 2008 - 07:44 PM

Looking to purchase a YZ 450f. The asking price is $2800, and it is really clean with suspension mods, sproket (has original)aftermarket clutch, aftermarket triple clamp and exhaust. A few other aftermarket goodies as well. Tires are 80%. The bke runs great, fires right up, shifts great and the seller has an immaculate garage and all other toys are in perfect shape. Seller says he doesn't ride that often to warrant hanging on to it, he is into his sand toys, had the bike for trails. The seller is a really nice guy, has everything organized and all my questions were answered well. Is $2800 in line for an '04 that is really clean. Any obvious things to look for on a '04? Thanks for your input.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 14, 2008 - 10:03 PM

It's in line for an asking price. If you want the bike, get $2700 in cash, and start by offering 24 $100 bills to him. Pull the 24 out of your pocket and hold it in sight while you make the offer (don't make a big deal of showing it off, just let him actually see it). See where it goes from there.

• wswain

Posted January 15, 2008 - 01:05 AM

i recently bought a 04 yz450f partly because it was in good condition but also because the 450s seem to go for alot still here. i paid $6000 aus probably a bit 2 much but for here it was cheap for the copndition it was in. id say go for it, the only things i would do to mine after riding mates bikes is maybe a steering dampener. i find mine is alot rougher and not as smooth ( compares to 06 rxz450) and a pipe (comparing to 04 yzf450)
if in good nick go for it

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.