is duct tape the next breakthrough medicine?

10 replies to this topic
  • xrracer36

Posted October 15, 2002 - 02:09 AM

wow, make that a million and one uses!!!!! :)
i heard on the radio this morning (b94, pittsburgh area) that the U.S. ARMY has released that none other than DUCT TAPE is effective in curing (<> removing???) warts. more effective than freezing them off it says. i know a wart is caused by a virus, and just takes time to cure (2 yrs. i believe and it will go away on it's own without treatment)
could duct tape be the ultimate anti-virus? the cure for the common cold??!?!?! :D :D
anyways, just thought that was interesting.
racer36 :D

• yamaha.dude

Posted October 15, 2002 - 03:03 AM

It only aggravates monkey butt if applied incorrectly and removed rapidly...

David

• xrracer36

Posted October 15, 2002 - 03:56 AM

...don't even want to know, yamadude, don't even want to know....
:D :D :D
although i imagine that if a protective "diaper" were properly constructed of duct tape prior to riding, it could prevent the rubbing/chafing effect and eliminate monkey butt altogether. ... just a thought...
maybe you were jsut applying it at the wrong time. :D
or maybe chain lube or wd-40 could help reduce the burn...

*akward silence... cricket chirps*

don't look at me like that:mad:, it was just an idea... :) :D lol
racer36 :D

• lefthander

Posted October 15, 2002 - 04:08 AM

I don't know about the riding diaper but the duct tape in the proper hands can keep a 2 year old with articulate hands in a diaper.
:)

• yamaha.dude

Posted October 15, 2002 - 11:06 AM

I am NOT talking from personal experience here, believe me... I never get monkey butt, but I was just warning those new to the sport about such actions and consequences... :D :)

David

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted October 15, 2002 - 12:19 PM

Talk about Anal Abrasion! Gezzzzzzz :)

Bonzai :D

• blue_beast_wins

Posted October 15, 2002 - 03:05 PM

The old duct tape sure shuts the missus up for a while :) :D :D

• SoCalWR426

Posted October 17, 2002 - 04:58 AM

Hmm, interesting! I've used it from everything like keeping the sole on my riding boots untill payday.To Holding my thigh together untill I could get to ER and 26 stiches. So how's it work on worts? Hey this might be the herpes cure!

SoCal

• Chaindrive

Posted October 17, 2002 - 10:18 AM

Actually, a tube of super glue should be mandatory in a first aid kit. It works so well at closing cuts that hospitals use it. I learned about it from a friend in the sheet metal business who is never without a tube in his pocket for his numerous day-to-day cuts.

For the really good duct tape, go to a military surplus place for their 100mph tape. I understand they use it to temporarily patch bullet holes in aircraft. I have a large roll and it IS tough and is a proper tough-guy olive drab in color.

• RCannon

Posted October 17, 2002 - 03:06 PM

I listened to the same thing. I tried the duct tape. It sure is difficult to go to the bathroom if it is too tightly wrapped...

Seriously, I have had a wart on my finger for several years. They do not go away on their own! The liquid nitrogen hurts bad! I am starting the duct tape thing as of wed. I will let you know how it works..

• PumpkinHumper

Posted October 18, 2002 - 05:08 AM

I had a wart on my toe. I finially got fed up with the thing. I got out a exacto knife and fingernail clippers and started digging. There is a black "root" tingy in there. Dig that sucker out. If you see black keep digging. Alcohol helps. not for the wart. Drink it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.