Heading to San Felipe this weekend - need advice

5 replies to this topic
  • Beerman

Posted October 14, 2002 - 05:13 PM

I'm going down to San Felipe for a poker run saturday and want to ride sun. as well. I've ordered the Baja GPS Guide Book to help find a good ride, but want advice from others on where to go. We would like to do a 80-100 mi loop if possible.
Thanks,
Matt

• hondasaretheshit

Posted October 15, 2002 - 11:41 AM

I DID THAT RIDE ABOUT ONE MONTH AGO. MY BUDDY AND I STARTED IN ORANGE COUNTY AND RODE FIRST TO ROSORITA, THEN PUERTO NUEVO, THEN ENSENADA AND FINALYY TO SAN FELIPE. THE TOTAL WAS OVER 800 MILES THERE AND BACK. I AM NOT SURE IF YOU ARE TAKING MORE DIRT TRAILS THERE BUT ALL I CAN TELL YOU SI TO PLAN BETTER THEN YOU HAVE EVER PLANED BEFORE. YOU SHOULD KINOW WHERE YOPU ARE GOING TO GET GAS. WE ONLY HAD A 100 MILE RANGE AND ACTUALLY RAN OUT OF GAS ON THE WAY THERE. THANK GOD MY BUDDY BRANG A WATER BOTTLE FULL OF GAS IN HIS BACKPACK OR I WOULD PROBABLY STILL BE THERE. ARE YOU GOING THROUGH THE TIAJUANA BORDER OR THE MEXICALLIE. OR ARE YOU TRAILERING THE BIKES THERE AND JUST RIDING FROM ANOTHER TOWN. LET ME KNOW HOW I CAN BETTER HELP YOU. I AM IN THE PROSSES OF PLANNING A 2200 MILE TRIP TO THE END OF BAJA AND BACK. I HAVE A BAD FEELING IT WILL BE MY LAST!!! TALK TO YOU SOON.

• Beerman

Posted October 15, 2002 - 12:40 PM

We are trailering the bikes to San Felipe. The poker run takes care of our riding for Sat. and we are trying to decide where to ride on Sun. before leaving for home. We were thinking of riding to Mike's and Valle de Trinidad then back to San Felipe, but none of us have ever been to Puertecitos or anywhere south of San Felipe.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CAB

Posted October 15, 2002 - 02:30 PM

If you're comfportable heading out alone, take the ride to Mikes and up to the observatory as it's a very beautiful and unique area of Baja. If you're nervous about heading out alone, ride south past Puertocitos along the beach. Hard to get lost that way.

• scb

Posted October 15, 2002 - 03:27 PM

Here's a link to San Felipe 250 race map.
http://www.score-int...ipe/index.ihtml
1. Zoo road to Morelia Rd to Huatamoti Wash (about 50 mile loop)
2. Chanate Wash to Matomi Wash is fun (need about 145 mile range)

• Ironbeak

Posted October 16, 2002 - 02:21 PM

SAN FELIPE ROCKS THE HOUSE! (althogh I have never been there) I was vacationing in Ensenada (along the coast) once and thought about driving to San Felipe. I actually got about 50 miles into the journey in my Toyota Corrolla before turning around. The road there is full of crazy Federale stationhouses, so play your cards right. I don't think you should have any problems, but practice being humble and bring some cash juuuust in case you get yourself in trouble with the law. Pick up some fish tacos at the fishmarket in Ensenada. You'll find it easy enough, and I think there's only one. You should have a great trip. I'm jealous as hell. Please let us know how the trip goes!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.