fork nick

4 replies to this topic
  • nvrlift

Posted April 09, 2002 - 04:10 PM

i just notice a small nick in my fork tubes that is just starting to wear the fork seal enough to let some oil seep by...what is the best fix for this problem?

• AZWR426

Posted April 09, 2002 - 08:44 PM

Just a wild guess - will it hold JB Weld? Mark

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MX_Tuner

Posted April 10, 2002 - 01:16 AM

I use a small fine tooth file to take the high spots off nicks. Then polish it with some fine emery cloth. Unless the depression is of a substantial size, it probably won't pass much oil at all and won't damage the seals.

Posted April 10, 2002 - 02:20 AM

JB Weld on a fork tube?????

Bonzai :)

• Dodger

Posted April 11, 2002 - 06:36 AM

Yup, just sand it down a little. I did the same thing on my YZ426 last year, the nick was sharp enough to tear my seal, man it was gushing oil everywhere. While replacing the seal, I sanded down the nick with like 400 grit sand paper, and fine tuned it with 600 grit. Be careful not to sand too hard, just enough to not feel the nick.

Hope that helps a little,

Dodger :) :D

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.