Electrical question

5 replies to this topic
  • ej67ss

Posted January 13, 2008 - 05:39 PM

I have a 2002 xr650r I put a ricky stator 200 watt stator along with their voltage regulator. My problem is I keep blowing out my headlights or tail lights. The lights get brighter and brighter until they blow the more throttle ya give it the faster they blow! So anyone had this excact problem? I am figuring it's either a grounding problem or a regulator problem. What do ya guys think?

• FZ1426

Posted January 13, 2008 - 06:04 PM

Do you have a battery? If so what is it's condition? You need a battery in the circuit to "absorb" and dampen some of the voltage/transients.

• ej67ss

Posted January 13, 2008 - 06:10 PM

650r's dont have batteries and I did not put one in no place for one. This is on the lighting side everything else is fine. It worked for two years i am just trying to figure out wich way to start but the reg might be fried.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ToXicD

Posted January 13, 2008 - 06:49 PM

call back ricky stator, it sounds like the voltage regulator is not working properly or they sent you the wrong one. i recently purchased a 200w stator from them and they sent me the wrong one and the connectors didnt match up and from other posts i have read these things happen quite often with them.

• cleonard

Posted January 13, 2008 - 10:28 PM

It's either the regulator, or a bad connection to the regulator.

• ej67ss

Posted January 13, 2008 - 11:44 PM

Thanks guys i figured that was it. I blew two sets of PIIAS so far..:busted: I am gonna put two of them in this time one for each line..:banghead:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.