07 WR 450, Now thats more like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 replies to this topic
  • THUMPXR

Posted January 13, 2008 - 04:57 PM

07 Wr 450

I uncorked my baby today and WOW!!!!!!!
What a differance.

Removed the inner baffle, installed JD Kit (as per instructions), install quick shot, shorten throttle stop, removed AIS crap, disconnect grey wire:applause:
Now that is the way she is supposed to run. OUTSTANDING!!!!

Everything on this bike is very tight to get to. It took me almost 5 hours to get all of this done. Mainly because I was being super careful. other than that I am so glad I did these minor mods. They where the best bang for the buck.

Thanks go to the TT store and you guys for all the help. I can honestly say that I have been converted to Blue:applause:

Is it really legal to have this much fun?????

Thanks,

Thumpxr

• tweav

Posted January 13, 2008 - 05:56 PM

there is one more thing you may want to put .I just put a r&d power bowl on my 07 . It woke my bike up . I looked at the stock accelerator pump it bearly worked I put on this one and wow! :ride: :D :banghead: :busted:

• zod0143

Posted January 13, 2008 - 06:48 PM

Dude am I glad to here you say that (refer to New WR guy thread). You have made my day!!!!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FastRides

Posted January 13, 2008 - 09:12 PM

Yep, it's a rager. :banghead: Congrats on the new bike.
That's interesting, tweav. I've been workin' on trying to get rid of my off-idle bog and changed out the stock leak jet for a size 40 yesterday / rode about 45 miles today. While it ran a little better, there's still a little stumble, an occasional loud pop on decel and some trouble starting at times. :busted: I've been thinking about a Quickshot or Powerbowl, but wanted at least try the leak first. Also got hung up on the price for the R&D... ouch! MG

• SXP

Posted January 13, 2008 - 09:32 PM

Yep, it's a rager. :banghead: Congrats on the new bike.
That's interesting, tweav. I've been workin' on trying to get rid of my off-idle bog and changed out the stock leak jet for a size 40 yesterday / rode about 45 miles today. While it ran a little better, there's still a little stumble, an occasional loud pop on decel and some trouble starting at times. :busted: I've been thinking about a Quickshot or Powerbowl, but wanted at least try the leak first. Also got hung up on the price for the R&D... ouch! MG

Send your crab in to ZipTy for their mod (see the YZ side for rave reviews). Sounds like $100 well spent.

• tweav

Posted January 14, 2008 - 06:07 AM

I got the r&d bowl because the install was basicly a bolt on plus a spring in the top . the pump you have to drill your old bowl and I was not into it . I have it set 1 turn out and everytime I stab the throttle the front tire leaves the ground it's almost like a differant bike and it took me 3 hours to put in but I was doing other things while I was there . I changed my jetting as per my last dyno runs and my rear spring. the bad thing is it took me 25 minutes to get the back clamp to go back on the carb . I was picking at it thru two holes with a screwdriver and a allen wrench .so I'm glad I don't have to ever put my carb again for the leak jet.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.