Dripping fuel on 07 xr 650r?

5 replies to this topic
  • creosote

Posted January 13, 2008 - 10:17 AM

Is it normal for fuel to drip out of lines at bottom of the carb. Did the Main jet, air box, and carb manifold mods to brand new bike. Very impressive!! My buddy noticed it on last ride at top of hill and I noticed it after doing mods and initial start up. Does'nt appear to be a lot of fuel but I have an xr 400 and have never noticed it with this bike. Thanks in advance...

• dylanr

Posted January 13, 2008 - 10:21 AM

one time my float got stuck, but it was pouring fuel out of the overflow tube, i was way back in the woods, so i beat on the bowl with a screwdriver, and it stopped doing it, but most of my gas dumped out, and i had to walk back a ways. hope yours doesnt do this.

• butcharin

Posted January 13, 2008 - 10:23 AM

Check your float hight and needle valve. This could cause fuel to leak.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • philipstjohn

Posted January 13, 2008 - 04:21 PM

I have noticed fuel drops from my XRR after every ride when I finish the ride with a wheelie down my street on the way home...is this normal? :banghead: :busted:

• ej67ss

Posted January 13, 2008 - 05:27 PM

Mine did too i bought a float level guage from service honda and adjusted the float. Problem solved. Just think how much your float bounces up and down when you are hauling down the trail. I check mine once a year now just part of matainence i guess...

• Motosprtman

Posted January 14, 2008 - 07:12 AM

Common.... float needle valve sticks and overflows the float bowl and the excess drips from the vent line. Try draining the float bowl completly and refilling - may clear what is stuck in it. Worst case, remove the carb and the float bowl and see what has become lodged in the float needle.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.