WR426 Blown engine

1 reply to this topic
  • Reedus

Posted January 13, 2008 - 09:40 AM

Bad stroke of luck happened the other day on the old 426. I had a rock flip up and crack the water pump cover without me noticing. Drained all the fluid and ten minutes later the bike seized. Question now is what to do with it. What am I looking at worst case scenario to rebuild it? Supposing and hoping it is only the top end, is it possible to replace the cylinder jug and piston with a 450 jug and piston. If I do tear it down and rebuild, I will probably get rid of the manual decomp cam and get a hotcams auto. Any ideas or suggestions on what to do with the bike. Is it worth the tear down or should I just sell it with the blown engine? Thanks for the advice...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted January 13, 2008 - 01:49 PM

Bore, a replate on the barrel, new piston and rings is probably all it needs. Did not lose oil, right?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.