Servicing rear shock and more

2 replies to this topic
  • Kasjok

Posted January 13, 2008 - 08:32 AM

I have a 2007 YZ450F with 26 hours on it. I was just thinking if anyone has done their shock service on their own. I have nitrogen, so I can recharge the shock if needed. Manual won`t tell me anything about spliting up the shock.
Maybe there are some tutorials in the internet that I don` t know of or maybe someone could tell me a bit about doing it (other than "send it to shop").

What about fork and shock oils? I was recommended to use this oil, http://www.ams4ktm.c...product_id=3071 , all thought I have used before Valvoline 5W. Does shock need different "W" then forks?

Manual recommends to use S1 in forks, but I have heard it brakes down fast and is expensive.

And after all when should I service my forks and shock. Some people suggest to do shock once in a year and forks twice. So far I have done forks once a year and haven`t touched shocks on my bikes.

Hoping to get intelligent replays, thank you!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kasjok

Posted January 13, 2008 - 09:40 PM

I honestly tried searching, but didn`t got what I needed :banghead:

• todds924

Posted January 13, 2008 - 09:52 PM

I honestly tried searching, but didn`t got what I needed :banghead:

Race Tech has very good tutorials....Videos that show everything. If you have never done it before, this will get you through it and you will never have to send your stuff out again.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.