Wr 400 Wont Start

3 replies to this topic
  • mfwing82

Posted January 13, 2008 - 06:31 AM

My bike has been in garage for about 2 months. I can not get it started ? any clues on starting bike in cold weather. I guess I will remove tank and clean spark plug.

• dlt333

Posted January 13, 2008 - 02:16 PM

I have a 98 400 and I was able to track the problem to my pick up coil on the stator. Unfortunately, nobody sells this part alone - they want you to buy the entire stator (+250 i think) - Anyway - look in the manual, it tells you what the resistance of the stator and pu coil should be - I bought a PU coil from someone on ebay that was willing to part out their stator. I have an extra coil if you need - but they rarely go bad. Get out your ohmmeter and manual and you should be able to find the problem

Dan

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mfwing82

Posted January 13, 2008 - 02:44 PM

I will check that out, Thanks

• William1

Posted January 13, 2008 - 03:43 PM

If you bike ran fine two months ago and not now, it is most likely due to a plugged pilot jet or sticking float, Clean the carb. Might be a good idea to check for spark and the valve clearances while the tank is off.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.