You guys wanting to run cooler

5 replies to this topic
  • ToXicD

Posted January 12, 2008 - 03:49 PM

as you all know running methanol can keep your motor operating temps down, but it can be corrosive to your carb and not many people want to run it at all time. there is an alternative to which you can run regular gas and have a methanol injection and its fairly cheap.

There is a product called a dial-a-jet. some of you may have heard about it but it is a very good product and use it on all the motors i build. It is an extra fuel circuit added to your carburetor which makes it much easier to tune and eliminates the need to re-jet for altitude or temperature changes.

You can also use the dial a jet as a methanol injection system which i will be doing on my motor. when using this setup you do not have to worry about corroding seals, converting your carb, or having to buy expensive methanol to fill your tank.

there are many more advantages to the dial a jet. if you would like to look into it check out www.thunderproducts.com

Just so you guys know you do not have to run it with methanol, it works very well just using fuel out of your float bowl.

• ToXicD

Posted January 12, 2008 - 03:51 PM

Oh and by the way this is NOT a Powerjet!!! A powerjet only works from 3/4 to full throttle, the dial a jet works through out the entire fuel band from i believe 1/4 throttle and up!!!

This would be an awesome product for all you guys running the edelbrock carbs. It will give you the ease of the edelbrock with the power and performance of a tuned fcr!!!

• scalejockey

Posted January 13, 2008 - 07:18 AM

Interesting....Do you know how the fuel is pulled\pushed through? Does it work like a pumper?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ToXicD

Posted January 13, 2008 - 01:15 PM

It is pulled through by the vacuum created by the high velocity air passing through the air boot and carb

• haggeo

Posted January 13, 2008 - 03:37 PM

funny this comes up now, i was doing research just this morning on dial-a-jet. here's some of what i found.

here

and here

but there are also positive reviews and they seem to be easier to find than negative reviews.

• ToXicD

Posted January 13, 2008 - 04:30 PM

of course if you run lean you are gonna run much better but also take the chance of burning up your motor, especially on a two stroke!! hense my saying: Lean is mean, rich is a bitch!!!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.