What bars on a 2008 450? Pro Tapers like the

3 replies to this topic
  • FlyingZ06

Posted January 12, 2008 - 03:44 PM

250? I am having a hard time getting some guards to fit these bars that are oval in the area of the clamp.

What are you guys using on handguards?

Thanks!

• SJMC_DON

Posted January 12, 2008 - 04:11 PM

If I'm understanding you correctly, you just need to get a hand guard kit that includes mounts for the pro tapers... Just about every mfg. of guards makes a kit including clamps specific to pro tapers.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FlyingZ06

Posted January 12, 2008 - 04:50 PM

If I'm understanding you correctly, you just need to get a hand guard kit that includes mounts for the pro tapers... Just about every mfg. of guards makes a kit including clamps specific to pro tapers.

That's what I thought, dealer seems like i am crazy.

The the ProTapers standard bars or made just for our Yamis?

• SJMC_DON

Posted January 12, 2008 - 05:24 PM

That's what I thought, dealer seems like i am crazy.

The the ProTapers standard bars or made just for our Yamis?

Pro Tapers are everywhere, I think Yamaha may be the only mfg. putting them on at the factory right now but they are one of the most popular after market bars out there. Easton lost the patent on the design a little while ago and some think the material spec suffered as a result but they still seem to be the best bar for me, I just picked up a Hi Woods Bend in their EVO line, can't wait to test them out!

Find a dealer or parts house that employs off road riders / racers otherwise your better off ordering from TT or another on-line source.... your probably better off regardless going to the internet for parts but supporting the local shops is cool but you pay a premium, throw in paying a premium from ignorance and it only becomes a source of frustration....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.