Thinking of Swapping my RM250 2t for a 06 yz450f

4 replies to this topic
  • wato

Posted January 12, 2008 - 02:03 PM

I thinking of swapping my rm250 for a yz450f itsa 06 anything i should look for when i view the 450 and silly question to ask on a yamaha forum but what are the 06's like ? thanks

• scalejockey

Posted January 12, 2008 - 02:14 PM

If i were to get a new(used 450) it would be a yamaha. Havn't heard as many stories of them grenading like the other(s)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThumperKid250F

Posted January 12, 2008 - 02:17 PM

i love my 06, great power and suspension just make everything looks clean,

BTW just check the dipstick and see what the oil looks like:thumbsup:

• 2012 450 xc-w

Posted January 12, 2008 - 02:37 PM

Last two stroke you'll ever ride.

• TJR

Posted January 12, 2008 - 02:52 PM

Made the switch from an 06 yz 250 to a 07 yz 450f. I really like the bike. The 250 was great but I hate to say it I like the 4-stroke better. I am keeping my 06 yz 125 just for fun. It is one of the best bikes I have ever owned. The 450 Yamaha is one of the best 450's I have rode. I get the chance to ride them all. Really though there is not a bad bike out there. They all are better than me as a rider. The Yamaha just fits me better next in line would be the CRF. You will like the bike and the quality. Yamaha's are sound and well built machines.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.