Xr700r???

28 replies to this topic
  • husky123

Posted January 12, 2008 - 03:49 AM

I'll be at the DC show today. I'm gonna give that TRX motor a close look.

• Leget

Posted January 12, 2008 - 06:37 AM

I'll be at the DC show today. I'm gonna give that TRX motor a close look.

Bring back lots of photos of lots of cool stuff.........please.:banghead:

• hondacrf150f1

Posted January 12, 2008 - 07:21 AM

The motor is identical to the 650R motor right? It could proble be swapped right out and fitted into the 650R frame. You might be able to find just a TRX700 motor on ebay and sell your old motor...you would proble take atleast a $1,000-$2,000 Hit, but you would have a 686 with e-start and fuel injection.

Uncork that baby and your all set:thumbsup:

1 of you rich 650R lovers has gota make a project out this.

• jdubb75

Posted January 12, 2008 - 07:41 AM

The motor is identical to the 650R motor right? It could proble be swapped right out and fitted into the 650R frame. You might be able to find just a TRX700 motor on ebay and sell your old motor...you would proble take atleast a $1,000-$2,000 Hit, but you would have a 686 with e-start and fuel injection.

Uncork that baby and your all set:thumbsup:

1 of you rich 650R lovers has gota make a project out this.

If only it were that easy. As someone had mentioned earlier, the 700XX is a center drive. Meaning the chain and sprockets are located in the center of the quad due to the irs. Now whether they accomplished this with some kind if half shaft setup is beyond me, but knowing honda it is a lot cleaner than that. I haven't had a chance to inspect one of these, but my bet is quite a few mods would have to take place in order for an engine swap. I couldn't insert a pic of the center drive setup, but this link should take you straight to it.
http://powersports.h...m=6&w=751&h=569

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ryanthegreat1

Posted January 12, 2008 - 08:16 AM

If only it were that easy. As someone had mentioned earlier, the 700XX is a center drive. Meaning the chain and sprockets are located in the center of the quad due to the irs. Now whether they accomplished this with some kind if half shaft setup is beyond me, but knowing honda it is a lot cleaner than that. I haven't had a chance to inspect one of these, but my bet is quite a few mods would have to take place in order for an engine swap. I couldn't insert a pic of the center drive setup, but this link should take you straight to it.
http://powersports.h...m=6&w=751&h=569

I seem to recall seeing a picture of the left hand side of the 700's motor and in that picture was what looked to be a series of gears connected to the output shaft to get the drive sprocket in the center. I will do some digging and see what I find.

Found it!
Posted Image

• jdubb75

Posted January 12, 2008 - 08:27 AM

Found it!
Posted Image

I just found the same pic. i'm going to a dealer today to check out a 450x and a 650r. if they have one i will give it a close look...if they are even out yet??? i have no idea.

• zrxer

Posted January 12, 2008 - 12:37 PM

I seem to recall seeing a picture of the left hand side of the 700's motor and in that picture was what looked to be a series of gears connected to the output shaft to get the drive sprocket in the center. I will do some digging and see what I find.

Found it!
Posted Image

Man, that sure looks like the drive comes out where the countershaft sprocket would normally be. Bruce

• jdubb75

Posted January 12, 2008 - 04:08 PM

A dealer told me today that the 700XX was based on the Rincon engine...I'm not buying that. I've been trying to find some decent pics of the Rincon engine, but haven't had any luck. They have the same bore, but different stroke. The 700XX is SOHC and the Rincon is just listed as OHV. Plus the Rincon is mated to an external auto trans the 700XX obviously has a manual trans. :banghead:

• Ryanthegreat1

Posted January 12, 2008 - 04:34 PM

I just found the same pic. i'm going to a dealer today to check out a 450x and a 650r. if they have one i will give it a close look...if they are even out yet??? i have no idea.

I don't think the 700 will be out until March. :banghead:

Another thing to look at is where about does the single header come out at? Is it strait out the front of the head or off to the left or right and how far. Also is the intake side of the head the same? I wouldn't mind an easy OEM solution for FI.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.